css and embeding improfments

css and embeding improfments

Postby oxmox on Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:08 am

Hi

i have some problems with LT the first is the css-problem
noone can change the lock of LT o ofcorse the color can be changed but thats all

the output you get locks like this

<div id="Content">
<h2>Kategorie: General</h2>
<h3>
<a href="index.php?op=ViewArticle&articleId=1&blogId=1">Herzlichen Glückwunsch!</a>
</h3>

<div> Wenn Sie diesen Artikel lesen können, war die Registrierung erfolgreich und Sie können direkt mit dem Bloggen beginnen. </div> no div id = no change of the Place or a background color for the content of the post

<p class="footer">
<a href="index.php?op=Default&postCategoryId=1&blogId=1">General</a>
</p>

</div>

<div id="Menu">
<h2>Menu</h2> ??why is the hadline of the div not in the div if you want another position for it you cant change it because the hadline is not there where the content is
<div id="Sections">
</div>

<h2>suchen</h2>
<div id="Search">
</div>

<h2>Kalender</h2>
<div id="Calendar">
</div>

<h2>Aktuell</h2>
<div id="Recently">
</div>

<h2>Kategorien</h2>
<div id="Categories">
</div>

<h2>Meta</h2>
<div id="Syndicate">
</div>
</div>

the next problem i have is embeding LT in a PHP-HP, the rss links go to /rss.php not to /index.php if only the index.php where used i had no problem. or if i can change the way of the link from /index.php?... to something=index&... and /rss.php?... to something=rss&...

i hope you understand what i trying to say

oxmox
oxmox

LifeType Version: 1.2.8

Re: css and embeding improfments

Postby jondaley on Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:54 pm

You are talking about a certain blog template? You can change it however you would like. There are more than a hundred templates to choose from, if I am remembering correctly.

I am not sure what you are saying about the rss links.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

LifeType Version: 1.2.11 devel branch

Postby oxmox on Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:23 am

the rss links are a example if you would like to embed LT in a HP made of PHP with the good old Get: variable and loade LT in a div you loade the "index.php" of LT the links for RSS are not going on the index.php. you have to loade the rss.php in the div but how? if ther is no variable you can read to loade the right file.

to the css

How can i change the position of "categories" if i want it to display it first? i dont know how i can change this with css and dont tell me position:abolute; top:xxpx; left:xxpx; the problem is the headline.

let me give you an example

if you want to make an blog over an socker team

and you want to make the posts more user frindly and put them in to categories like "news" "new Players" "matches" "rumors" and you want the users to chose the categories easely
you maybe think i put them ontop under the head and with horizontal alignment
you can make this but the headline "categories" are not there where the links are.

the problem is not to finde some good locking template the problem is to customise the lock and useability of the blog.
oxmox

LifeType Version: 1.2.8

Postby jondaley on Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:48 pm

Sorry, I'm not understanding what you want to do. You could rewrite the entire template in XML or any other language you wanted, so I don't understand why you can't configure the template the way you like. Any object in the DOM is accessible via CSS, with or without an id. You don't need every <p> and <div> tagged if you can get to its parent, or sibling or whatever.

Maybe someone else will be able to help you.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

LifeType Version: 1.2.11 devel branch

Return to Requests and Suggestions