regenerate preview

regenerate preview

Postby italian_user on Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:29 pm

Good evening.
I have many blog (more than 300) and I'd like to regenerate the preview of resources 'cause I changed the size of medium_preview.

From 500px(width) to 400px (width)

If I change this in the administration, in the blogs the size of the preview doesn't change .
I think I should regenerate preview. But it is not possible to regenerate preview for all pictures, but 1 at time..

I suggest:

1- Option for regenerate ALL preview in the administration

2- Option for the user to choose the size of medium_preview, because they are many templates with small space for images... so if the administrator set it 450 but in a blog the max space is 300.. the user should to be able to set it at 300!
I suggest that the user can set the size of medium_preview, but in the administration I set the max They can set!
Example: In the administration I set 500px and the users can set for their blogs 300, 350, 400, 480, 500 but NOT over 500px!

thanks very much
italian_user

LifeType Version: 1.2.11

Re: regenerate preview

Postby phunkphorce on Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:03 am

italian_user wrote:Good evening.
I have many blog (more than 300) and I'd like to regenerate the preview of resources 'cause I changed the size of medium_preview.

If I change this in the administration, in the blogs the size of the preview doesn't change .
I think I should regenerate preview. But it is not possible to regenerate preview for all pictures, but 1 at time..

I suggest:

We can see what we can do about it, but this is going to generate a lot of load in your server. Think about resizing thousands of archives in one go.

2- Option for the user to choose the size of medium_preview, because they are many templates with small space for images... so if the administrator set it 450 but in a blog the max space is 300.. the user should to be able to set it at 300!
I suggest that the user can set the size of medium_preview, but in the administration I set the max They can set!
Example: In the administration I set 500px and the users can set for their blogs 300, 350, 400, 480, 500 but NOT over 500px!

thanks very much

I think this would make things too complicated for users...
phunkphorce
Lifetype Expert

Re: regenerate preview

Postby italian_user on Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:03 am

phunkphorce wrote:
italian_user wrote:Good evening.

I suggest:

We can see what we can do about it, but this is going to generate a lot of load in your server. Think about resizing thousands of archives in one go.

Thanks very much.
This option is very important (for me).. 'cause long time ago there are many templates with many space for the pics in the posts.. but the new templates are less space for the pics and if the users change templates, the medium_preview in the articles go out of the border....
(sorry for my english)
phunkphorce wrote:
italian_user wrote:

thanks very much

I think this would make things too complicated for users...

I think you are right.
Sorry for my question. :oops:
italian_user

LifeType Version: 1.2.11

Return to Requests and Suggestions