PHP Freelancer wanted

PHP Freelancer wanted

Postby Toby78 on Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:52 am

I am looking for a php freelancer for some small lifetype modifications.
Toby78

Postby Nomad on Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:13 pm

what do you need?
Blog Ireland - now with video posting
Normally most write something meaningful here so many to choose from yet most oft ignored.
Nomad
Lifetype Expert

Postby Toby78 on Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:35 am

On the registration page only one password field instead of 2.

The "check username" button needs to be replaced with a "check username and password" button.

The username and password is checked against another database table so that only members who have previously registered on another website can register for a Lifetype blog.

That's all.

And: on the index page of the blog site there should just be a page with the latest and bigges/most active blogs - instead of an empty "admin blog"....or just a dummy page---I think i could do the beautifying myself. The first point is the important one!
Toby78

Postby Nomad on Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:04 am

only members who have previously registered on another website can register for a Lifetype blog.

whats your other website running on? If it's Joomla Lifetype integrates with that you just need to change or use the option in config/userdata.properties.php - That allows any one who is registered with your other system to have a blog as well and any subsequent registrations also would have a blog...

on the index page of the blog site there should just be a page with the latest and bigges/most active blogs

Already done - here you would us ethe summary.php which display all that information. click on my sig below and you can see most active blogs, recent posts, recent comments, new blogs. etc etc....

But as you want to allow only those registered at your other site to have a blog have a look at userdata.properties to see if LT will integrate.. covers most of the major ones used including forums....
Blog Ireland - now with video posting
Normally most write something meaningful here so many to choose from yet most oft ignored.
Nomad
Lifetype Expert

Postby Toby78 on Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:10 am

The problem is, that the registration on the other website is rather complicated....it is more like a network of various websites...so I want to avoid people automatically register on the other websites network by signing up on Lifetype. Also, people should be able to still use the blog after deleting their profile and vice versa....

So I want to isolate Lifetype a bit more and keep everything as it is, simply make sure only valid users can register on it.

On the userdata provider you have additional fields that I dont have or that are on various tables instead of simply one...so it would be a lot more work to adapt a userdata provider then to only add the username/password check during the registration....
Toby78

Return to Requests and Suggestions