database backup from control panel

database backup from control panel

Postby Nomad on Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:31 pm

hmm I've seen this on a few things where you can backup the database from within the administrative panel. So, Instead of logging into phpmyadmin to take a db back up, I was wondering if we could use something that would be able for it to be done by a function in the admin tools?

We could even extend that so it takes a daily backup for very busy site owners and either deletes the previous one or over writes the previous backup...sort of like an auto fail safe ? Backing up to a exclusive db backup folder...

use could then download via ftp if the want copies....
Blog Ireland - now with video posting
Normally most write something meaningful here so many to choose from yet most oft ignored.
Nomad
Lifetype Expert

Postby phunkphorce on Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:54 am

But why do we have to replicate functionality that is readily available in for example phpmysqladmin? I say we use the right tool for the job, and LT is not a database manager...
phunkphorce
Lifetype Expert

Postby Nomad on Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:17 pm

Actually I was thinking of it due to all the problems Nichole was having in updating with DB corruptions and the likes.

A lot of folk don't always login to there phpmyadmin to do maintenance and only use it once in a while generally when a problem occurs which is generally to late. I was thinking of it so maybe as they login to the main control panel/admin area that it may promote them to look after there db's a bit more or take a bit more care of it...
Blog Ireland - now with video posting
Normally most write something meaningful here so many to choose from yet most oft ignored.
Nomad
Lifetype Expert

Return to Requests and Suggestions