LifeType 1.3?

Postby italian_user on Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:41 am

Good morning.
I'm sorry to make up this old post, but I'm very interested in the new 1.3 LT.

If I can tell You my personal opinion, I think LT will be better if the "plugins" don't need change in the templates.
This 'cause, for the Blog Sisytem with many templates... it's very hard to change every template in every update/upgrade of LT version!!

For examples, I use the "authimage" plugin.
This nees a little change of the code in only file.. buy multiplied for thirty templates.. it is a big work!!
But, why this of the most popular plugin, it is not included in the LT? (and rendered obligatory for the templates?)

I wanna close this my long post, with my best wishes for You.
LT is the best platform I found.
You are the best.

Best regards.
italian_user

LifeType Version: 1.2.11

Postby phunkphorce on Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:34 am

As of LT 1.2, you only need to change one file in order to activate the authimage template, tepmlates/default/commentform.template. In addition to that, the default global commentform.template comes with support for authimage out of the box so all you have to do is enabled it.

But regarding other templates, it's not always so easy. There's plenty of templates available and they all user different HTML code, so it's not possible for us to integrate all plugins in all templates for you or do something so that plugin code is added to your templates automatically.
phunkphorce
Lifetype Expert

Postby italian_user on Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:29 pm

phunkphorce wrote:As of LT 1.2, you only need to change one file in order to activate the authimage template, tepmlates/default/commentform.template. In addition to that, the default global commentform.template comes with support for authimage out of the box so all you have to do is enabled it.

But regarding other templates, it's not always so easy. There's plenty of templates available and they all user different HTML code, so it's not possible for us to integrate all plugins in all templates for you or do something so that plugin code is added to your templates automatically.

You are right, of course, as ever!
I found the file templates/default/commentform.template and I understand that this is ok for the new template.
It's a very big step! Congratulation!
So, I have to replace the old templates... :P

An other thing...
To modify the template, is it possible to have a board more easy? (for the user)
And not the code to change..

Example:
Color background: [text field for the code #******] [button to choose, if You click here, this pop-up start]

Color text: [#******] [click to choose]
Color border: [#******] [click to choose]
Color title: [#******] [click to choose]
Font title: [arial] [click to choose (list of fonts)]
Font links: [arial] [clicl to choose (list of fonts)]

It would be very nice for make an easy way to change template details.

thanks very much for your job.
best regards.
italian_user

LifeType Version: 1.2.11

Postby phunkphorce on Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:52 pm

italian_user wrote:
phunkphorce wrote:As of LT 1.2, you only need to change one file in order to activate the authimage template, tepmlates/default/commentform.template. In addition to that, the default global commentform.template comes with support for authimage out of the box so all you have to do is enabled it.

You are right, of course, as ever!
I found the file templates/default/commentform.template and I understand that this is ok for the new template.
It's a very big step! Congratulation!
So, I have to replace the old templates... :P

You don't have to replace anything. All you have to do is remove commentform.template from all your templates and Lifetype will use the one in templates/default/ if it cannot find commentform.template in the current template folder.

You can read more about this feature here:

http://wiki.lifetype.net/index.php/Temp ... load_order

An other thing...
To modify the template, is it possible to have a board more easy? (for the user)
And not the code to change..

Example:
Color background: [text field for the code #******] [button to choose, if You click here, this pop-up start]

Color text: [#******] [click to choose]
Color border: [#******] [click to choose]
Color title: [#******] [click to choose]
Font title: [arial] [click to choose (list of fonts)]
Font links: [arial] [clicl to choose (list of fonts)]

It would be very nice for make an easy way to change template details.

thanks very much for your job.
best regards.

We can consider to include something like this in the core, but this is something you can easily develop for your own site as a very simple plugin.
phunkphorce
Lifetype Expert

Previous

Return to Requests and Suggestions