Now since I didn't find benchmarks, I did my own with the little ApacheBench program. I'm putting the results here in hope I'd get some comments or possible suggestions of improving the setup.
Tested versions were LifeType 1.1.6 and Wordpress 2.1.1. The server is a FreeBSD 6.0, Pentium III 866, 128M RAM, 80GB PATA WD Caviar SE disk machine, with Apache 2.2.4, PHP 5.2.1 and MySQL 5.0.33. No other load was put on the server while testing aside from the benchmarks. The test was made from a separate laptop, Pentium M 1.6, 1.2GB RAM, connected over LAN to the server.
I did the default installations for both platforms and left them this way with a single, default post each. I'll probably redo the benchmark with some data added to each.
The test itself: ab.exe -n500 -k http://<address>/
- Code: Select all
Requests per second: 3.80 [#/sec] (mean) 2.75 [#/sec] (mean)
Time per request: 263.439 [ms] (mean) 364.023 [ms] (mean)
Percentage of the requests
served within a certain time (ms)
50% 260 360
66% 260 360
75% 270 360
80% 270 370
90% 270 380
95% 270 380
98% 280 390
99% 290 390
100% 370 1562 (longest request)
To be honest, I am a bit surprised with the outcome. I said before, I like LifeType but Wordpress somehow always appeared to me as the lighter platform.