additional field for member profile

additional field for member profile

Postby redhat on Sat May 08, 2004 10:26 pm

Can I add custom field to the member info? Now it's very simple, I would like to have field for them to add ICQ no. MSN. No, gender, a photo, etc. etc...
redhat

Postby phunkphorce on Sun May 09, 2004 4:31 am

At the moment you would have to edit the database tables and the code itself, since it's not that easy... Sorry :(
phunkphorce
Lifetype Expert

Postby redhat on Sun May 09, 2004 7:20 am

Hey, any guildeline can lead me to start? I am sure I can handle it . Or can I make the additional field on a external plug in? I think the later approach is better
redhat

Postby phunkphorce on Sun May 16, 2004 10:43 am

no, it's not possible for plugins to do what you need...

But I think I have found a way to add custom fields to the blog definition, and to the user profile and so on, without needing to change the core. I still don't know if I will be able to include in 0.3.2 but it will be there for sure in 1.0...
phunkphorce
Lifetype Expert

Postby cocktail22 on Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:22 pm

redhat how did you do to add field??
cocktail22

Postby snowmanmh on Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:40 am

phunkphorce wrote:no, it's not possible for plugins to do what you need...

But I think I have found a way to add custom fields to the blog definition, and to the user profile and so on, without needing to change the core. I still don't know if I will be able to include in 0.3.2 but it will be there for sure in 1.0...

Hello,

i need custom memberfields for userprofil. How is the Way?

Best Regards!
snowmanmh

Postby electron on Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:13 am

Sounds to good to be true. Please share the thoughts with us on this one!
electron

Postby phunkphorce on Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:31 am

electron wrote:

Sounds to good to be true. Please share the thoughts with us on this one!

Sorry, I can't remember what this was about.

But there is a field called "properties" in the lt_users table that is nothing more than a serialized PHP array, and it is handled (serialized when saving and deserialized when loading) automatically by the core. If you need any specific fields that do not need to be searched through, you could use that one. You can use UserInfo::setValue() and UserInfo::getValue() (inherited from the DbObject class) to set and retrieve the values of those fields.

Obviously if you were planning to search through those fields this option is useless, but otherwise it should work fine.
phunkphorce
Lifetype Expert

Return to Requests and Suggestions