posting blogs by email

posting blogs by email

Postby kpap on Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:48 pm

Posting blogs by email would be a great feature. Is there any plug-in to add this capability to the plog??? any suggestions??? help please....

kostas
kpap

Postby phunkphorce on Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:03 am

There is a plugin that I developed some time ago but that unfortunately hasn't been test. If you could help us to test and user it, that would be fantastic!

I don't want to make it public yet so you should give me your contact details so that I can send it to you, including instructions on how to use it.

Oscar
phunkphorce
Lifetype Expert

Postby OU812 on Tue May 04, 2004 3:25 am

phunkphorce wrote:There is a plugin that I developed some time ago but that unfortunately hasn't been test. If you could help us to test and user it, that would be fantastic!

I'd also be happy to help out testing that plug. I've been searching a long time for this feature.

By the way, thank you for a great software!

regards / Magnus
OU812

blog by email

Postby DavidMcN on Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:04 am

I would be glad to help with the testing and possible developement of this plugin.
DavidMcN

Postby phunkphorce on Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:24 pm

do you have access to a mail server where we can use the tool "curl" and set up email aliases? At the moment this is the only way that the plugin works... I know the requirements are a bit steep but I couldn't find a better way to do it!

Let me know if you still meet the requirements, perhaps I could send you the code and work a bit on it...
phunkphorce
Lifetype Expert

Postby Cat on Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:48 pm

Oscar, i have cURL on my dedicated server but i dont understand what do you consider as 'setting email alias' feature - what do you need for that (I assume you need some software backend, not support for aliases thru control panel?
Cat

Postby phunkphorce on Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:27 am

what I mean by "email aliases" is that you need to add a line similar to this to your /etc/aliases or /etc/mail/aliases file:

Code: Select all
moblog: | curl -F - http://yourserver.com/plog/moblog.php

then whatever is sent to moblog@yourserver.com will be forwarded via curl to the moblog.php script. Otherwise I see no way to do it...
phunkphorce
Lifetype Expert

Postby Cat on Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:34 am

root@cbv [~]# cat /etc/aliases

mailman-admin: "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman admin mailman"
mailman-bounces: "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman bounces mailman"
mailman-confirm: "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman confirm mailman"
mailman-join: "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman join mailman"
mailman-leave: "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman leave mailman"
mailman-owner: "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman owner mailman"
mailman-request: "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman request mailman"
mailman-subscribe: "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman subscribe mailman"
mailman-unsubscribe: "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman unsubscribe mailman"
mailman: /dev/null
mailman-loopback: /dev/null
owner-mailman: mailman-admin

postmaster: root

root@cbv [~]#

Thats what you need, right? Can this code work with custom domains or just with root's one? (I mean, assuming that my root domain is myrootdomain.com and that I host plog at ploggy.com can /etc/aliases support moblog@ploggy.com or just moblog@myrootdomain.com?)

Shall we test moblog.php?
Cat

Postby phunkphorce on Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:45 am

the domain used shouldn't be a problem. Yes, we can test this at some point... I need to find some time to write down some documentation and to send the package to you. Where can I send it?
phunkphorce
Lifetype Expert

Postby Cat on Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:01 am

you can use mapkomah [at] gmail [dot] com
Cat

Postby Cat on Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:11 pm

hows documentation going? :)

meanwhile, can you tell me how to use specific-domain email in alias, I assume
moblog@mydomain.com: | curl -F - http://yourserver.com/plog/moblog.php

wont do the job, right? id like to test this email-to-php-via-curl for my own use, but i really need it setup for specific email address outside root domain only.
Cat

Postby Sock on Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:43 pm

mmm mail configuration.

What mail server are you using again? I'm using postfix with virtual mailboxes that allows you to have mutliple users per domain without having relative system users. I got it setup on my dedicated box so if you need help ask. I use this plugin on my site but I'm on the dev snapshot and don't think its ported yet.

~ Nick
Sock
Lifetype Expert

Postby phunkphorce on Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:44 am

just one comment: I have decided to rework the posting via email plugin that was somehow working with 0.3.x to make it work with 1.0. I guess I will contact you guys later when it is finished so that you can help me with testing... I just think that the plugin framework is much better in 1.0 and that any time working on in improving the plugin to work in 0.3.x will be wasted. I would need to rework it anyway later on at some point to make it compatible with 1.0!
phunkphorce
Lifetype Expert

Postby Sock on Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:48 am

phunkphorce wrote:just one comment: I have decided to rework the posting via email plugin that was somehow working with 0.3.x to make it work with 1.0. I guess I will contact you guys later when it is finished so that you can help me with testing... I just think that the plugin framework is much better in 1.0 and that any time working on in improving the plugin to work in 0.3.x will be wasted. I would need to rework it anyway later on at some point to make it compatible with 1.0!

awesome. look forward to that one.

~ Nick
Sock
Lifetype Expert

Postby Cat on Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:21 am

Im using Exim 4.34
Cat

Next

Return to Requests and Suggestions