RSS not working with Russian char [FIXED]

RSS not working with Russian char [FIXED]

Postby easyexpat on Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:48 pm

Hello,

I have notice a problem with a new blog using the Russian characters. The RSS does not work properly.
See here:
http://www.blogexpat.com/rss.php?blogId ... file=rss10

if you compare with another none English language, it looks completely different:
http://www.blogexpat.com/rss.php?blogId ... file=rss10

I tried profile=rss20 or profile=atom with no luck.
With rss20, it might look better, but the title does not display in UTF8:
http://www.blogexpat.com/rss.php?blogId ... file=rss20

Any help would be greatly appreciated :-)
easyexpat
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:39 pm

Re: RSS not working with Russian char [FIXED]

Postby easyexpat on Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:46 am

To be honest I don't really understand all those different formats, RSS 2.0, 1.0 etc...
However I have noticed that although RSS 1.0 was displaying correctly the blog title, it was not displaying the post for Russian char.
On the other hand, with RSS20 it was displaying correctly the post but the blog and post title in HEX.

I had a look in template/rss/rss20.template and replaced:
Code: Select all
<title>{$blog->getBlog()|escape:hexentity}</title>

By
Code: Select all
<title>{$blog->getBlog()|escape}</title>


And it works.

Same thing for getTopic.
easyexpat
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:39 pm


Return to Other Problems