Purge Process not working

Purge Process not working

Postby newtech1 on Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:15 pm

I have Lifetype 1.2.9
The purge feature in admin no longer works. Here is what happens:

I have 10 users marked deleted I want to purge them as users and blogs. I click Purge Users. The browser (Firefox) I also have problem with Explorer, just shows Connecting and a spinning circle. It will do this for hours with no deletion taking place and not going to another page (I think it did in the past.) it did work before and I have made no changes to server. There are no errors in Apache error log.

Also what normally happens is after doing this I get locked out of the blog site-cannot go to blog home page or any other blogs. Even with another browser. At times need to restart computer. So it appears it may be an issue with browsers on laptop or something.

Have similar problems with all purges. There is one purge that will take me to a page that says don't close browser, but I keep that page open for hours and hours and the page keeps refreshing but purges don't occur.

How can I delete blogs and users some other way without messing up my database?
newtech1

Re: Purge Process not working

Postby newtech1 on Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:20 am

Is there any Lifetype tech that is responding to the posts on this forum?
If there is no solution to my problem, it would be nice to just have a reply that says, sorry no solution instead of me wondering.

Is there a php script that could be run outside of lifetype?
Richard D'Andrea Dover
http://www.christianblogsites.com
newtech1

Postby jondaley on Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:37 pm

It sounds like you must have tons of posts or blogs or something? I'm not sure. The purging hasn't ever been great, though it usually works. I would try to do it a couple times.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

LifeType Version: 1.2.11 devel branch

Postby newtech1 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:07 am

I have tried it multiple times for hours.
newtech1

Return to Other Problems