Truncated comments

Truncated comments

Postby Plinfut on Mon May 05, 2014 11:53 am

Hello everyone,

I've been using LifeType with great pleasure, but there is a problem with posting some comments. Whenever someone uses an accented character like é or ï, the comment is truncated from thereon. In English this may not be much of a problem, but in Dutch these characters are used quite often.

I've also checked the database after entering a short example comment.
Example: Dit is een reactie van één regel.
text column: <p>Dit is een reactie van
normalized_text column: Dit is een reactie van n regel

The same happens when these are used in documents. Is there any way to show texts with these characters completely?
Plinfut

LifeType Version: 1.2.12_r7211

Re: Truncated comments

Postby jondaley on Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:36 pm

Hrm. The forums didn't give me a notice that you had posted. Sorry for the delay.

It shouldn't do that (obviously).

And though I use LifeType only in English, it installed various places in other languages, so it doesn't seem like it is likely a widespread problem, but something more specific. What is the character set that the database is installed in (if you are using phpmyadmin or something to access the database, it will tell you - if you have a command line, you'll have to google to get the right command to show you - I can never remember it off the top of my head).

Since the normalized version worked, I'm guessing it has something to do with the database, rather than in the character stripping code (which has caused problems in the past).
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

LifeType Version: 1.2.11 devel branch

Return to Other Problems