lt_bayesian_tokens and lt_adrotate_statistics

lt_bayesian_tokens and lt_adrotate_statistics

Postby Mischa on Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:18 pm

Moved my server. New php, mysql, etc.

One blog database from old server with very small site, was 87 MB zipped, 309 MB unzipped!!!!!
Problem was in lt_bayesian_tokens - I removed all the data from that area of the file, and file went to 713 KB unzipped.
Anybody had that experience? Was the database exploited, injected...?

Then sql-importing the rest, but... a weird table showed up: lt_adrotate_statistics
Googling that, gave no more than two hits for me, and strange ones at that. Nothing in this forum about it.
Anybody knows where it might have come from?
Using lifetype-1.2.12 pretty standard config
Mischa

LifeType Version: 1.2.12

Re: lt_bayesian_tokens and lt_adrotate_statistics

Postby jondaley on Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:21 am

bayesian tokens can grow quite large under normal behavior - keywords from posts and comments get added in there to try to figure out if future comments are spam or not, based on a statistical algorithm. Emptying the table is fine, it just restarts the learner over again, so presumably, your blog system will let more spam in, because it doesn't know what sort of comments you think are spam and what ones are real.

As for the adrotate_statistics table. That was from a plugin called "adrotate" that we used to have, but it hasn't been used in a long time. So, erasing that table is perfectly fine (unless you still have the adrotate plugin installed, but I think the plugin would probably crash your blog if you were still using it, since it hasn't been updated in five years...)
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

LifeType Version: 1.2.11 devel branch

Return to Other Problems