Fatal Error: Cannot redeclare class Locale

Fatal Error: Cannot redeclare class Locale

Postby chipper on Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:48 am

Using 1.2.11 All was well for a month or so, and now I get this error:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Locale in /home/mydomainname/www/www/lt/class/locale/locale.class.php on line 79

I was copying a template for modification, but I didn't make a change. (I was thinking of just deleting the template hoping it would revert to the default if not found) but I don't think that is the problem, so I did not try.

I tired creating a new directory (enews) unzip 1.2.11 in the new directory thinking I could connect it to the database I already have running if I could get it running. The wizzard shows the SAME error-

I am running MODX for my main webpage, and that has no problems- it also uses php and a mysql db.
chipper

LifeType Version: 1.2.12

Re: Fatal Error: Cannot redeclare class Locale

Postby jondaley on Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:05 pm

You have the internationalization library in PHP turned on, which isn't on by default, but can be enabled.

The only way to fix the problem is to rename our classes to not conflict, and so I have done that. It will be available in tonight's build, (found in the link in my signature) and I'd appreciate you testing that and letting me know how it goes - there was a lot of code that was changed, and it is possible I missed something).

Once I hear back from a couple people that it is working, I'll release the next version.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

LifeType Version: 1.2.11 devel branch

Re: Fatal Error: Cannot redeclare class Locale

Postby jondaley on Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:06 pm

Bug report discussion here: http://bugs.lifetype.net/view.php?id=1640
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

LifeType Version: 1.2.11 devel branch

Return to Other Problems