Wich Plugins were updated?

Wich Plugins were updated?

Postby marcotics on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:38 pm

Tiny MCE was upgraded to the latest release, and our plugins were upgraded to work with the latest browsers.

Wich plugins were updated? I use a few plugins, but looking at the Sourceforge pages, i can't tell from the modification dates wich plugins were updated for 1.2.11, so i don't know if/what i need to download again.

Thanks
marcotics

LifeType Version: 1.2.11

Re: Wich Plugins were updated?

Postby jondaley on Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Sorry - I meant the plugins for tinymce - so they are included in the core lifetype code.

The easiest way to check if your lifetype plugins are up to date is to go into the administration, plugin center, and click "check versions".
If it simply reloads the page and doesn't say anything, you are up-to-date.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

LifeType Version: 1.2.11 devel branch

Postby marcotics on Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:11 pm

Ah, thanks!
In the editcomments plugin, made by yours truely, there seems to be a tiny error. Even after downloading and uploading the new files, it keeps saying it is version 20071119, and that there is a new version.
marcotics

Postby jondaley on Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:27 pm

Hrm, I'll have to go through and see if there are any other plugins that aren't uploaded. I'm not sure why I didn't upload it - the 2007 version is really old - there have been multiple upgrades since then...

(I've uploaded the editcomments plugin, so you should be all set now)
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

Postby marcotics on Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:04 pm

From my list of plugins, the blockhost plugin and recentcomment have the same problem. After downloading blockhost, it says it's version 20090513 and there is a version 20100908. Same kind of problem with recentcomments, 20070830 > 20100730
marcotics

Postby jondaley on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:13 pm

Ok, that seems odd that many were missed. I suspect sourceforge did something wrong. I've re-uploaded all templates and all plugins, so everything should be all set now.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

Postby marcotics on Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:27 pm

Yes, and an all-plugins file. Wonderfull, saves me a lot of clicking and downloading :lol:
I see the plugins filed as 'unported' in the wike are in the zip aswell. Are they safe with 1.2.11?
marcotics

Postby jondaley on Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:06 pm

no, they are really old. I thought our zip script took care of that.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

Postby jondaley on Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:09 pm

I just checked, and I don't see the unported plugins. So, the wiki must be out of date. I've always thought it was kind of a pain having that wiki article that is so easy to be out of sync with the files in source forge...

Everything on source forge should be fine.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

Postby marcotics on Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:21 pm

Just to clear things out... I thought something was off with sourceforge or something... But let's clear this up...

• There are some plugins, that the wiki (http://wiki.lifetype.net/index.php/Plugins#Unported) says are unported, meaning These plugins have not been updated to work with LifeType 1.2 even though they are available in the Subversion tree under the unported/ folder.
  • On Sourceforge (http://sourceforge.net/projects/lifetyp ... etype-1.2/) some of them are filed as 1.2 plugins, wich makes me assume they do work on 1.2. Wich at least some of them do, i'm using the Top Read Post and Recent Comments plugins, and i just now discovered they are stated as Unported. Some plugins listed as Unported, are not filed as 1.2 plugins, like Sticky posts, adrotate, apod etc.
  • You kindly uploaded a all_plugins zip file, wich includes plugins that the wiki says are unported. The Sticky Posts, adrotate and apod plugins are not included, wich makes me think they are infact Unported. Although i did see a Ads folder in there, with no Readme.txt in there so it is hard to figure out what this plugin is, but it could be the adrotate wich appears to be unported.
  • Also, there are plugins in both the all_plugins zip and SourceForge, that are not mentioned in the wiki. For example i found same Sapeclient plugin (no idea what it is) and a sortedlinks plugin in both the zip and the Sourceforge 1.2 plugin folder, that are not mentioned in the wiki

So we can assume that both the SourceForge, telling us that these plugins are 1.2 proof, and the all_plugins zip are correct, and the wiki is just wrong (outdated perhaps)

Am i right? And if this is right, and if you would like, i could make a list of the plugins that are stated as unported, but are 1.2 proof according to SourgeForge, so the wiki can be edited. Because it is a bit sad if people are looking for a plugin, find it in the wiki under unported, so they don't download it because it wouldn't work, when in fact it is 1.2 proof but just not corrected in the wiki.

i'm only trying to help. It looks to me you are carrying this whole LifeType mostly on your own shoulders, and you are really out here to help everyone the best you can. If we, the users, could do something back like correcting a small error like this, or the version issues i found and you kindly corrected, it's a small thing to do.
marcotics

Postby jondaley on Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:08 pm

Thank you for taking the time to help, and yes, I'm doing the majority of the work right now.

Sourceforge should be accurate, as that is a copy of our code repository, so the unported stuff is taken out automatically.

I've always thought that if users could take care of the wiki, that would be great. I write the new release documents on the wiki, and fix bugs when I see them, but it takes a lot of time to write the articles well, and it often seems that I write in a too technical manner to be understood by users of the software anyway...

I think the wiki is setup that you have be manually registered, in order to keep down the spam. Try to register and let me know what it says - it might very well direct you to email Oscar, who was the founder of LifeType, but whose life has gotten busy, and he doesn't blog any more, so doesn't have much interest in working on the software for others.

You might think about keeping the articles on the wiki pretty simple so they are easier to keep up-to-date, ie. I definitely wouldn't put the plugin's version numbers on the site - that'll never stay in sync.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

Postby marcotics on Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:41 pm

jondaley wrote:I think the wiki is setup that you have be manually registered, in order to keep down the spam. Try to register and let me know what it says - it might very well direct you to email Oscar, who was the founder of LifeType, but whose life has gotten busy, and he doesn't blog any more, so doesn't have much interest in working on the software for others.

There is only a Login procedure. Registering for an account in the wiki is taken out.

I did however shine my light on the wiki, Sourceforge and the All_plugins zip file (wich is consistant with the Sourceforge 1.2 files). The inconsistancy between the wiki and Sourceforge is minimal. A few Unported plugins that seem to be 1.2 compatible, and some 1.2 compatible plugins that aren't listed. I'll PM/mail my findings to you. When you're in the mood and time to check it out, it'll hopefully save you some time. I would love to take it of youre hands, but updating the wiki is a no go without the possibility to register :lol:
marcotics

Postby jondaley on Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:03 pm

Thanks, I've created an account for you on the wiki (you should have gotten an email with the password - (your email address)). Please set it to something else.

If you could edit the wiki yourself, it will be much more likely to get done. Thank you.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

Postby marcotics on Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:36 pm

Thanks. I've done some changes, moving items out of the unported list back into the normal list. Tomorrow i'll write entries for plugins that aren't yet in the wiki. I'll have to take a good look on how it is done, and it's about 10.30 PM around here. I'll do it tommorrow. :wink:
marcotics

Postby jondaley on Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:56 pm

great, thank you!
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

Return to Other Problems