PayPal button doesn't work

PayPal button doesn't work

Postby dondemaio on Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:56 am

Hi. I can't get the Paypal button to work in my posts. When the user clicks on the button it takes them back to the same blog, rather than redirect to Paypal. I assume others have found this and have figured out a way around it. Can you help me fix it?

Thanks.

Don
dondemaio

LifeType Version: 1.2

Re: PayPal button doesn't work

Postby jondaley on Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:59 pm

uh.. what paypal button? I assume you have a plugin installed, but I've never heard of one that did paypal stuff...
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

LifeType Version: 1.2.11 devel branch

Postby dondemaio on Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:40 pm

No plugin. I was just trying to use the code that Paypal gave me to set up a button on my blog.

See https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=rK9i9jWvR9o3fdJIR8_nPFD-jjDo1RFuq3rQXSmEYenAdUSsSg2gnW9LHXm&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f8e263663d3faee8dc60d77e6184470d515cedf52660ea0cd

It works on a regular html page, but on a Lifetype blog clicking on the button only refreshes the blog, instead of redirecting you to Paypal.

Don

P.S. Is there a Paypal plugin for Lifetype??
dondemaio

LifeType Version: 1.2

Postby Nomad on Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:00 am

I haven't heard of one for paypal and implementing it would be difficult enough I'd say..

i'd reckon your problem is that LT isn't liking the link as it's a cmd link (or java essentially) the security will be stripping it

I think theres a setting in the admin that allows js to be posted ....

edit: yeah it's in admin under security

Allow blocks of Javascript code in posts via <script> tags. Please be aware that it may pose a security risk to your blog(s) [ Default = No ]

Don't know how if or how it may help you though.. maybe you could link an external .js file such paypal_link.js - use the script tag to include that file and it may work...

not sure other than that though..
Blog Ireland - now with video posting
Normally most write something meaningful here so many to choose from yet most oft ignored.
Nomad
Lifetype Expert

Return to Other Problems