Updated now templates not working

Updated now templates not working

Postby txfrightmare on Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:00 am

I just updated to 2.1.11. Everything seems to work fine except the custom templates. The custom template pages now show "TEST".

I see some thing about maybe having to modify my templates. I have limited knowledge on this so I was hoping someone could give me some advice. Thanks in advance!
txfrightmare

LifeType Version: 1.2.11

Re: Updated now templates not working

Postby txfrightmare on Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:05 pm

I still can't figure this out. I've switched my site back to the old version of Lifetype for now.

Any ideas? Is there a link someone can point me to that would help me figure this out?
txfrightmare

LifeType Version: 1.2.11

Postby jondaley on Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:40 pm

I got your private email as well...

I'll take a look at the template you sent to see if there is something obvious there.

The one file you sent tickets.html.template does not have the problem in it. The word "TEST" does not appear in it, so the issue must be in a different template file.

I am surprised that you are having template problems - what version were you running before? (note that you wrote 2.1.11, but I assume you mean 1.2.11)
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

LifeType Version: 1.2.11 devel branch

Postby jondaley on Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:33 pm

I see you were running 1.1.5. Did you run wizard.php when you upgraded? Running wizard.php is required any time you make a "major" upgrade, where major is defined as switching either the first or second digit in the version (e.g. upgrading from 1.2.10 to 1.2.11 is not considered a major upgrade, and you don't need the wizard, but upgrading from 1.1.5 to 1.2.5 is a major upgrade.)

Your template doesn't work for my browser on 1.1.5 either. I just get a black screen. You have tons of javascript doing some strange things with an iframe, ads, and trackers, so probably my ad blocker is blocking them.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

Postby jondaley on Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:40 pm

After I turned off the 25 ads that were blocked my adblockplus, your template shows up fine.
See http://test.blogs.limedaley.com/

Though since your site doesn't work with the default configuration of adblockplus (which I would assume lots of people have installed) you probably need to change your site, so only the ads are blocked and not your entire site.

Perhaps your only problem when you upgraded was that you didn't run the wizard. Make sure to backup your database before you do so, because you won't be able to downgrade unless you have a database backup.

Also - there are some various bugs that have been fixed since 1.1.5 was released three or four years ago. (You really should keep more up to date with that - with any software that you use)
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

Return to Configuration and Installation