Upgrading from 1.2.10 to 1.2.11

Upgrading from 1.2.10 to 1.2.11

Postby italian_user on Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:45 am

Good morning!

Upgrading from 1.2.10 to 1.2.11, have I only replace the new files? Or there is some file to run for the database upgrading?
italian_user

LifeType Version: 1.2.11

Re: Upgrading from 1.2.10 to 1.2.11

Postby italian_user on Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:38 am

...because after the upgrade, every "post-page" of the every blog... have an error in the template.
For example:
../blog/nameblog works well
../blog/nameblog.2 (second page) works well
but if I enter in a page of an article... the template is corrupt (the columns go in the down page).
This for every blog and every template!

What I could to do?
italian_user

Postby jondaley on Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:15 pm

Can you show me some real URLs so I can look at it. I suspect it will be something in your custom URL settings, where you have something set incorrectly.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

LifeType Version: 1.2.11 devel branch

Postby jondaley on Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:17 pm

I've also heard from someone on the development list that there are some problems with the post editor. It works on my system, and other users who I'd upgraded a while back haven't complained, so I thought everything was fine, and in any case, better than the old version that was starting to cause some trouble on newer browsers. Do you see any problems - particularly with the parts that we wrote - the insert audio, video, etc.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

Postby italian_user on Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:42 pm

jondaley wrote:I've also heard from someone on the development list that there are some problems with the post editor. It works on my system, and other users who I'd upgraded a while back haven't complained, so I thought everything was fine, and in any case, better than the old version that was starting to cause some trouble on newer browsers. Do you see any problems - particularly with the parts that we wrote - the insert audio, video, etc.

The only problem are with:
- Insert audio (see the attachment)

- Width of text are (is too large... see the attachment)

Ps.1
The insert image and video embed (youtube, ecc) work well!

Ps.2
I didn't upgraded from 1.2.10 to 1.2.11 but uploaded the new version 1.2.11 and changed config file and copied the gallery folder in the new directory...
Last edited by italian_user on Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
italian_user

Postby italian_user on Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:42 pm

jondaley wrote:Can you show me some real URLs so I can look at it. I suspect it will be something in your custom URL settings, where you have something set incorrectly.

I'll send you by pvt message the tmp url of the new blog

thanks
italian_user

Postby jondaley on Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:15 pm

I got your PM, but in it, you are saying that it is broken in 1.2.10 and 1.2.11, right? OR are you talking about multiple issues? The columns look like a stylesheet problem, and I see one error in the moonslight blog, where there is an img src tag that isn't closed, so that might cause some problems with the DOM layout. You should run it through the W3 HTML validator to see if there are other problems in your template.

I thought you were saying that the second page of comments was broken on an article, but the first page worked fine, and also that it was only broken in the new version?
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

Postby jondaley on Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:17 pm

For your tinymce errors, try clearing your cache, or doing a "hard" refresh (ctrl-F5 for IE, ctrl-shift-R for firefox) on the new post page, to see if that fixes your javascript problems. The insert audio issue looks like a caching problem. I'm not sure about the screen size problem - you can resize it, right? And I think it is smart enough to remember the size you want for next time.

What browser are you using?
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

Postby italian_user on Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:21 pm

jondaley wrote:I got your PM, but in it, you are saying that it is broken in 1.2.10 and 1.2.11, right? OR are you talking about multiple issues? The columns look like a stylesheet problem, and I see one error in the moonslight blog, where there is an img src tag that isn't closed, so that might cause some problems with the DOM layout. You should run it through the W3 HTML validator to see if there are other problems in your template.

I thought you were saying that the second page of comments was broken on an article, but the first page worked fine, and also that it was only broken in the new version?

Thanks!
The problem is resolved!
In the commentform I put the Recaptha and the table was not closed... so the template in the article-page was broken!

(this was a problem only for the 1.2.11 version 'cause I remake every change in the new files)
italian_user

Postby italian_user on Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:23 pm

jondaley wrote:For your tinymce errors, try clearing your cache, or doing a "hard" refresh (ctrl-F5 for IE, ctrl-shift-R for firefox) on the new post page, to see if that fixes your javascript problems. The insert audio issue looks like a caching problem. I'm not sure about the screen size problem - you can resize it, right? And I think it is smart enough to remember the size you want for next time.

What browser are you using?

The problem with the "Insert Audio" is resolved with the hard refresh! Thanks very much.

The resized text area, unfortunately, is not resolved!
So, It's more big than the area....
Where can I so set it in the code for ever?

ps. I use Safari and Firefox both for Mac
Last edited by italian_user on Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
italian_user

Postby italian_user on Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:29 pm

Now, I tested every blog and their function... It seems works fine!
Thanks very much.

I have more a little (big) problem with the url..
The blogs don't work without the "IDBLOG_"
For example:
http://www.occhiettineri.it/blog/406_melagodo/ works
http://www.occhiettineri.it/blog/melagodo/ doesn't work

I'm reading every changing in the new files and I can't find the error!

The 1.2.10 version worked fine in this way... and now not!

Is there a way to set for ever the URL without the IDBLOG and insert also an rewrite 301 for the search engine?
So the old links (with IDBLOG) will be refreshing to the new url!
italian_user

Postby jondaley on Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:47 pm

Are you using custom URLs or modrewrite? If you are using modrewrite, it needs the id number, in all versions of LifeType.
If you are using custom URLs, there might be a way to make that work, maybe you used to use modrewrite and then changed to custom? Some code has changed when a custom URL isn't matched and LifeType tries to guess what you really meant, making the code work better, but requires more specific custom URLs - it is likely one of your custom URLs will need to be changed - can you post what you are using?

As for the width of tinymce - if you dynamically change it when the page loads, and then post an article, does it save for the next time you load the page? I know the height is remembered, I am not sure about the width.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

Postby italian_user on Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:59 am

jondaley wrote:Are you using custom URLs or modrewrite? If you are using modrewrite, it needs the id number, in all versions of LifeType.
If you are using custom URLs, there might be a way to make that work, maybe you used to use modrewrite and then changed to custom? Some code has changed when a custom URL isn't matched and LifeType tries to guess what you really meant, making the code work better, but requires more specific custom URLs - it is likely one of your custom URLs will need to be changed - can you post what you are using?

As for the width of tinymce - if you dynamically change it when the page loads, and then post an article, does it save for the next time you load the page? I know the height is remembered, I am not sure about the width.

I'm using modrewrite...
What do you prefer?
I saw your blog, I think You use custom URLs, isn't it?

for the width.. it doesn't change dynamically 'cause the template of the administration is fixed in width...
Don't worry... it's not very important! It's not a bug! ;)

Thanks very much for every things you do!
italian_user

Postby jondaley on Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:40 pm

Yes, I use custom. (and really, I think everyone should be using custom - the original reason for the other ones was that some webhosts didn't support the extra features, but I think nowadays everyone supports it.

modrewrite requires the number in it, you can look at the modrewrite rules in your .htaccess and see how it works.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

Postby italian_user on Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:48 am

Hi Jon, thanks very much for your reply.

My webhosting support the custom URLs, so I thinks I'll change it.

I like this format, what do you think about it?

Code: Select all
permalink_format
/{blogname}/{postname}.html$

category_link_format
/{blogname}/{catname}$

blog_link_format
/{blogname}$

archive_link_format
/{blogname}/archives/{year}/?{month}/?{day}

user_posts_link_format
/{blogname}/user/{username}$

post_trackbacks_link_format
/{blogname}/post/trackbacks/{postname}$

template_link_format
/{blogname}/page/{templatename}$

album_link_format
/{blogname}/album/{albumname}$

resource_link_format
/{blogname}/resource/{albumname}/{resourcename}$

page_suffix_format
/page/{page}

I thinked a lot about it, and I'd like to have the urls in this way.
I have some doubt about permalink format /{blogname}/{postname}.html$
'cause without data (year, mounth, day) in the link, I must be careful to not create articles with the same name...
But in this way it seems very nice!

The others questions are:
1) If I active the custom URLs, have I to rename .htaccess in htaccess.txt?
2) The old urls, the old URL will continue to work or I will lose all the traffic from search engine?
italian_user

Next

Return to Configuration and Installation