Error: Sorry, you do not belong to any blog yet.

Error: Sorry, you do not belong to any blog yet.

Postby dondemaio on Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:04 pm

I'm the administrator of my website. I deleted a blog and now I can't log back in. I'm getting the error:

Sorry, you do not belong to any blog yet.

I have direct access to the database. Can anyone tell me how to correct this situation?

Tx.

Don
dondemaio

LifeType Version: 1.2

Re: Error: Sorry, you do not belong to any blog yet.

Postby jondaley on Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:54 pm

Yes, if you delete a user's last blog, he can't login again. The developers have debated about what to do about this. It is only really bad in the case of an admin deleting and purging his own blog, so we thought maybe we shouldn't allow someone to erase his only blog. And also, maybe admins should be able to login without a blog, but that is harder, as various parts of the admin system assume that a blog exists.

I'm assuming you've erased the admin user's blog? If not, just have him login and create a new blog for the user who is having trouble.

You need to create a new entry in the blogs table for the user, and then also the relevant entries in the permissions table. If you erased the last blog on the system, ie. those tables are blank, probably the easiest thing to do is to install lifetype into a different directory, and run the wizard to setup a database, and then copy the appropriate data from those two tables into your public facing database.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

LifeType Version: 1.2.11 devel branch

Return to Configuration and Installation