Parse error in admin after install

Parse error in admin after install

Postby sumsug on Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:13 pm

I just installed 1.2.9 a few days ago. All went good xcept in admin I get the following error on any link
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '(' in /tmp/1/%%FE^FEA^FEA975DF%%menutabs.template.php on line 8

I found 1 similar post but was confused on the answer. New to php so be kind. Thanks

below is the code in tmp

<?php /* Smarty version 2.6.22, created on 2010-01-04 17:49:21
compiled from ./templates/admin/menutabs.template */ ?>
<ul id="tablist">
<?php $this->assign('options', eval('$_foo = $this->_tpl_vars[\'menu\']; $_foo = $_foo->getOpts($this->_tpl_vars[\'showOpt\']); return $_foo;')); ?>
<?php $_from = $this->_tpl_vars['options']; if (!is_array($_from) && !is_object($_from)) { settype($_from, 'array'); }if (count($_from)):
foreach ($_from as $this->_tpl_vars['option']):
?>
<?php if (eval('$_foo = $this->_tpl_vars[\'option\']; $_foo = $_foo->getAttribute(\'ignoreTab\'); return $_foo;') != 1 && eval('$_foo = $this->_tpl_vars[\'menu\']; $_foo = $_foo->userCanSee; return $_foo;') ( $this->_tpl_vars['option'] , $this->_tpl_vars['user'] )): ?>
<?php $this->assign('name', eval('$_foo = $this->_tpl_vars[\'option\']; $_foo = $_foo->name; return $_foo;')); ?>
<li <?php if ($this->_tpl_vars['name'] == $this->_tpl_vars['showOpt']): ?> id="tab_active" <?php endif; ?>>
<a <?php if ($this->_tpl_vars['name'] == $this->_tpl_vars['showOpt']): ?> id="tab_current" <?php endif; ?> href="<?php echo eval('$_foo = $this->_tpl_vars[\'option\']; $_foo = $_foo->getAttribute(\'url\'); return $_foo;'); ?>
"><?php echo eval('$_foo = $this->_tpl_vars[\'locale\']; $_foo = $_foo->tr($this->_tpl_vars[\'name\']); return $_foo;'); ?>
</a>
</li>
<?php endif; ?>
<?php endforeach; endif; unset($_from); ?>
</ul>
sumsug

LifeType Version: 1.2.9

Re: Parse error in admin after install

Postby jondaley on Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:55 pm

Hopefully, I'm always kind whether you are new to php or not...

What was the other relevant post? My guess is that you are running php4, and there is a bug in smarty that causes it to break. Let me know what version of php you have, and we can go from there.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

LifeType Version: 1.2.11 devel branch

Postby sumsug on Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:51 pm

php version is 4.4.9 similar issue was in this post.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9620
sumsug

Postby jondaley on Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:46 am

The workaround for now is to download the class/template/smarty directory for the 1.2.8 release, and overwrite the 1.2.9 release with those files. I'll have to see if there is a new version of smarty, and whether or not they realized they broke something in php4 - I think no one is really using php4 any more, since support for it went away a couple years ago, so there are presumably security issues with it, etc.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

Postby sumsug on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:21 pm

Thanks Jon

So to make sure I understand, I should download 1.2.8 and put into a separate location and then use the file that is created in the /temp/1/ folder correct?
sumsug

Postby jondaley on Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:20 pm

No, just replace the 1.2.9 class/template/smarty/ directory with the 1.2.8 version of that directory.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

Postby jondaley on Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:03 pm

I've verified that the 1.2.8 code fixes this error for those people still running php4.
http://bugs.lifetype.net/view.php?id=1632
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

Return to Configuration and Installation