READ FIRST - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

READ FIRST - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Postby phunkphorce on Fri May 27, 2005 10:52 am

The wiki has an up-to-date page with all the most frequently asked questions. Please make sure to go through them before creating new support threads.

LifeType Frequently Asked Questions

We will not answer any question that has already been answered in the FAQ!
Last edited by phunkphorce on Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
phunkphorce
Lifetype Expert

Postby colden on Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:08 pm

I'm finally going to give 1.0.4 a go. I already have the last 0.3x version of plog working on my site truthpeeler.com, so I want to be careful before untarring lifetype-1.0.4.tar.gz.

I checked out the Wiki, but at http://wiki.lifetype.net/index.php/Upgrade there is an ominous warning that "THIS NEEDS SOME MAJOR REWORK!" I don't know who put that warning in, but can you please provide guidance?

I assume the Wiki's instructions to first delete ALL the files for version 0.3x except for the config file backup is correct. Next, I should untar the gz from my home directory? Or from the public_html directory?

Next, I'd run the Wizard, which will convert the whole ball of wax. Then I'd be ready to go with a live site that's newly upgraded to 1.0.4?

Thanks in advance.
colden

Postby jondaley on Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:38 am

Please post a new topic, rather than responding to the FAQ. 1.0.5 is already out, so you will want to upgrade to that shortly after.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

LifeType Version: 1.2.11 devel branch

Return to Configuration and Installation