Twitter Version: 1.0 Release Date: 04/27/2008

Postby Nomad on Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:21 pm

Don't use this if you are offering multiple blogs. I've just found that when it's set at admin level it exposes the password to all users . I've just disabled my old copy as some plonker has decided to attack my twitter account. Only thing is the idiot doesn't know much about e-mails and used his mobile 3G dongle. Should be an easy task to race the plonker tomorrow.

Anyway only use this plugin if only you are using the platform for your own use.

update: Sorry if using make sure you do not configure plugin from the main administration plugin settings. Only configure the plugin for your individual use....
Blog Ireland - now with video posting
Normally most write something meaningful here so many to choose from yet most oft ignored.
Nomad
Lifetype Expert

Re: Twitter Version: 1.0 Release Date: 04/27/2008

Postby jondaley on Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:21 pm

I haven't used this plugin myself. But, I think what you are saying is if you use the Administration->plugin settings and put in your own twitter password, it shows up on each blog's setting in plain text (or maybe masked by dots, but viewable in the HTML source). Perhaps we should simply remove the password from the global settings? Would this plugin ever be used by someone who wanted to set all blogs to use the same twitter account? Seems like someone might want to do that, so maybe just putting in a warning in the documentation to make sure you know what you are doing if you put your password on the global setting?
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

LifeType Version: 1.2.11 devel branch

Return to General Plugin Development