Moblog "There was no message!" Problem

Moblog "There was no message!" Problem

Postby ormstont on Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:36 am

Hi all,

I hope someone can help - I'm trying to get the moblog plugin up and running but am encountering problems very early on in its process. I've turned on debug and found that it initializes but then quits out with the message "There was no message!".

Looking at the code I can see that the request to HttpVars::getRequest(); is returning a valid array but with no variable called "message". I printed the contents of the array returned and there was indeed no "message"...what should it be?

To trigger the plugin I'm going directly to moblogbatch.php.

Has anyone seen this, or do they know how to remedy the issue?

Many thanks in advance!
ormstont

LifeType Version: lifetype-1.2.6_r6169

Re: Moblog "There was no message!" Problem

Postby ormstont on Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:13 am

Ok...I've looked in a bit further, particularly at moblogbatch.php and it seems there is no error logging onto the POP3 server but it returns 0 messages from the server. I know there are messages there and indeed I can see them if I log in via pop3 with an e-mail client. The e-mail service I'm using is gmx.com because it's free and has pop access on port 110 (couldn't use Google Mail because it requires SSL, as do many others nowadays).

Has anyone managed to get the moblog service working and if so how?! Thanks!!
ormstont

Postby jondaley on Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:03 am

I know people use moblogbatch, but I've never used it myself. I simply use procmail to forward the emails to moblog.php.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

LifeType Version: 1.2.11 devel branch

Postby ormstont on Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:02 am

Thanks for that, I did actually get it working in the end...think it was my own stupidity!!
ormstont

Return to General Plugin Development