Issue with Moblog plugin

Issue with Moblog plugin

Postby ctowndesigns on Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:59 pm

I hope I am in the right place here.

I have installed the moblog plugin so that obviously we can post to the blog remotely and such. I have the Pseudobatch activated because simply I have been messing around with this enough and I cant afford to spend more time configuring the cronjob and messing with CURL... so back to the issue... I have everything active and installed but when I send a test post to the email address the script is not checking the email address... is there something I am missing?

I installed moblog and activated it... set up a dedicated email address...set up the mail server information in the moblog batch settings... set it to Pseudobatch to check every 10 minutes... sent the correct formatted email to the email address and nothing...please help... I have been through hell and back with this for the sole purpose of the users to be able to post on the road from their phones and Black berries and laptops.
ctowndesigns

LifeType Version: 1.2.7

Re: Issue with Moblog plugin

Postby jondaley on Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:19 am

Is the cron job running? Is there any output? Does the php script initiate a connection to the pop server? Is your host blocking pop connections from php scripts?
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

LifeType Version: 1.2.11 devel branch

Postby ctowndesigns on Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:52 am

I am not using a cronjob I am using Pseudobatch.. I am not seeing any output what so ever... doesn't look like the script is initiating a connection with the server... is there a way to tell? My host in NOT blocking pop connections from php scripts
ctowndesigns

Postby jondaley on Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:40 am

Ah, I see. It has been a while since I have looked at the moblogbatch file.
I'd put some debug messages in plugins/moblog/class/security/moblogbatchfilter.class.php and see if it is getting to the pop code, and not exiting early. I have seen some people have issues when using custom PEAR modules, when PEAR is already installed on their system, with namespace conflicts.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

Postby ctowndesigns on Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:12 am

Forgive my ignorance but I am not entirely fluent in PHP infact I have a hard time with it... what type of debug message(s) should I put in plugins/moblog/class/security/moblogbatchfilter.class.php to see if it is getting to the pop code?

Thanks for your help.
ctowndesigns

Postby jondaley on Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:37 pm

you can put statements that look like:
Code: Select all
print "here I am: 1";

and put 1,2,3,4 for each line, and see what prints out, and check where it checks if(...) something, and then "return false", and if it is returning false, (ie. put a "print" statement right above the return statement), and then see if all of the code is running, or if it is exiting out early.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

Return to General Plugin Development