General Question about Lifetype

General Question about Lifetype

Postby jackie on Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:18 pm

Greets:

I am an experienced WordPress MultiUser system admin who is looking around for a different platform beside WPMu. I have to ask, is Lifetype the same general idea where one can set up a site and allow others to signup for accounts and run their own blogs?

thanks,
Jackie
jackie

Postby phunkphorce on Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:24 am

Yes, that's in fact the reason why Lifetype exists. But why don't you have a look at the features that we list in our home page for more information?

http://www.lifetype.net/blog/lifetype-d ... e/features
phunkphorce
Lifetype Expert

Postby jackie on Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:20 am

Actually I did look at that page and see no mention of running a blog hosting site and the OpenCMS site appears to be locking up in IE6. That's why i asked. I should have mentioned what I was looking at and what I had read. From reading the bit under "Multiple Users per Blog", it looks like the admin of the system has to setup the additional blogs instead of offering public accounts.

Thanks for the response and your time,
Jackie
jackie

Postby jondaley on Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:27 pm

"Multiple users per blog" means that you can have multiple people with access to the same blog (using different accounts - ie. you don't have to give them your password, and their account can have less permissions than yours, etc.

You are right though - we don't mention that you can run a blogging hosting service with automatic registrations, etc. I guess that was assumed.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

LifeType Version: 1.2.11 devel branch

Postby phunkphorce on Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:43 pm

Good point, we'll have to make it more clear.
phunkphorce
Lifetype Expert

Return to Everything Else Goes Here!