LifeType blog and many users

LifeType blog and many users

Postby dmc on Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:16 am

HI,

we are soon going to offer free blog service to end users using lifetype blog platform. We expect to have very much traffic, and would like to ask lifetype community, if someone has tested lifetype platform with a very big number of bloggers writing concurently. Is it fast and secure enoguh? Plese write down your experiences with deploying lifetype when using it with many concurent users (100+)..... Also if needed, is someone interested to be payed support for us if thing go wrong?
dmc

Postby phunkphorce on Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:54 am

Performance has got a lot better in 1.1 so experiences related to 1.0.6 may not be valid anymore.

In any case, you surely must have a bunch of tests servers where you can generate simulated load, right? Also, you did not mention the hardware or the number of servers. What are you planning to run LT on?
phunkphorce
Lifetype Expert

Postby dmc on Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:57 pm

Thank you for your replay, well, we are currently in the process of setting up one test machine for that purposes, but actualy we dont have a clue what to put, that is the main reason why i asked. I guess we will start with one DUAL AMD (3800+) or dual INTEL 930/940 (not xeon), with 4 GB of ram and raid 1 (mirroring) of 300-400 GB storage (the brand of hdd will depend of speed necessary to work without any bottlenecks, but something in the range of WD RAPTOR 10K RPM with 16MB could be in the game for starters if necessary, else we will try with stock 320 GB WD. What are your opinion about e.g. AMD DUAL 3800+ with 4 GB of ram, how many users would support (if you have that experience), and also when is version 1.1 FINAL scheduled to come out? When done testing we will put out some results here. Also there is no problem if we need to put SOME serious SERVER machine or even several machines. But thing is that we would like start with some moderate or low end thing, and upgrade as necessary. Thank you in advance for your replay and time.
dmc

Postby phunkphorce on Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:28 am

I suppose the hardware is fine, as it sounds powerful enough. Are you plannign to run the db server and the web server in the same machine?

Regarding 1.1 final, it's been out for a couple of days. You should check out the project page more often :)
phunkphorce
Lifetype Expert

Postby jondaley on Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:53 am

The left block on lifetype.net needs to be updated. It still says 1.0.6 is the latest stable version.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

LifeType Version: 1.2.11 devel branch

Postby dmc on Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:47 pm

>>I suppose the hardware is fine, as it sounds powerful enough. Are you >>plannign to run the db server and the web server in the same machine?

Well i haven't really thought about it ... but i guess it will be on the same server for start!!.... Thanks for the 1.1 info, i guess i'll be checking the page NOW more often ;)) Thanks for your time, and keep up the good work!
dmc

Return to Everything Else Goes Here!