showcaseCMS

showcaseCMS

Postby silverwing on Mon May 15, 2006 1:02 pm

I've been getting some hits from this post and I thought I should let those clickers (and potential clickers) that things have changed.

CMS Showcase is now showcasecms.com.

Hi. I'm david from misguided thoughts and I'm currently creating the CMS Showcase. The Showcase is a listing of sites that use content management systems, but to their full capability. It's a list of sites that go beyond the basic install of a system.

What I'm looking for are LifeType sites that, when you look at them you say, "Wow." I'm also looking for LifeType sites that are more than just blogs. If there are any business sites, multiuser blogs (which I know this system can do!), photoblogs, or anything that goes beyond the blog, I'd like to see those sites, too.

I'll be spending time in these forums this week looking for sites to add, but I would love the input of the LifeType community.

So why am I doing this? First, I enjoy open source systems, and this is one way to learn about them. Second, as a moderator/user of opensourcecms.com I get a lot of questions about what system does what or what can be used as something. This way I can give better answers, and perhaps steer someone to LifeType who may otherwise not have seen it.

Again, any help you as a community can give would be appreciated. You can reply here, or on my site's forum.

~silverwing
Last edited by silverwing on Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
silverwing

Postby jondaley on Mon May 15, 2006 1:39 pm

limedaley.com and blogs.limedaley.com are sites that do "other" things. I don't think you would really say "wow" though, so maybe not appropriate for your list.

limedaley.com is interesting because it isn't a blog at all, but is more of a CMS.

blogs.limedaley.com shows off the multi-domain feature coming in 1.1.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

LifeType Version: 1.2.11 devel branch

Postby silverwing on Mon May 15, 2006 7:24 pm

the blog link was perfect. (Honestly, until yesterday I didn't even realize that LifeType would do multiple blogs.)

http://misguidedthoughts.com/114/lifetype

~silverwing
silverwing

Postby jondaley on Mon May 15, 2006 10:27 pm

well, its not called "misguided thoughts" for nothing, eh? :)
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

LifeType Version: 1.2.11 devel branch

Postby markwu on Mon May 15, 2006 11:32 pm

The easiest way to let use play lifetype is provide them a ready to go solution.

You can take a look at "LifeType ToGo!", it will let usr just click and run.

Mark
markwu
Lifetype Expert

Return to Everything Else Goes Here!