Lifetype

Lifetype

Postby tonymasiello on Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:13 pm

Well, I guess I was surprised as anyone to go to the forums today and find out that the pLog project has been renamed. Even more surprised to find out the reason. I'm an amazon.com customer and I don't ever recall seeing this feature on their site. I like the new name. I have to admit I was never a big fan of pLog as a name. Best of luck with the transition! I'm proud to run my site with your software no matter what you call it! :D
tonymasiello

pLog woke up as LifeType

Postby Totto on Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:32 pm

Hey, tony, you just got ahead of me ;) Just don't know what to say :) surprised, amazed and confused - all in one! As regular, typed lifetype.net in the browser and then sth different and new came in front of me - LifeType! Some great design, really nice looking! :) But got really confused.. My first thoughts - s.o. has hacked lifetype.net and redirected all to this lifetype.net, thought a rival multiblog project.. :) Needed some time before puting away the confusion - seeing some well known things from lifetype.net. Hey, that's the same project. But with a new name and design! No announcements, nothing said about.. When came to the forums - that was what really convinced me that's the old good pLog ;) And still was surprised there was no even post about the new born here. And as I was going to write sth but had no time then and now there's s.o. ahead of me :) How many guys got really confused and surprised comin here now..
Hey, tony said he knows the big reason but I still really don't :). What came up folks? And at least an anouncement on lifetype.net and now on lifetype.net could have prepared all pLog/LifeType friends with the big change :)
Hey, devs, did I say that your new site theme looks amazing! :lol: ;)
Totto

Postby jondaley on Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:37 pm

Mark mentioned that a bunch of things would be ready tomorrow - I never go to the front page of plogworld, so I didn't even notice that things had changed today.
I am sure there will be an official announcement shortly.
Short answer is amazon trademarked the name plog.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

LifeType Version: 1.2.11 devel branch

Re: pLog woke up as LifeType

Postby tonymasiello on Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:52 pm

Totto wrote:Hey, tony said he knows the big reason but I still really don't :). What came up folks?

http://www.lifetype.net/blog.php/plog_d ... ge/aboutus
tonymasiello

Postby phunkphorce on Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:23 pm

Sorry, you'll have to bear with us for a while until we get everything in place. Mark, Reto and the guys did a great transition work and we'll keep updating and putting things in place in the next few days. The "official" announcement and a rebranded version of plog^H^H^H lifetype 1.0.2 are coming soon too, so that you can adapt your sites as quickly as possible.
phunkphorce
Lifetype Expert

Postby Monjo on Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:42 am

Trademarks over software names are disputable and will probably be rendered defunct when Google completes its dispute over 'Gmail'. That said pLog as a project title for a blog system isn't that catchy.
Monjo
Lifetype Expert

LifeType Version: not yet

Postby Totto on Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:00 pm

Thanks tony and guys. I've missed it. It's normal then.
Btw, was there an update to phpBB that carries this forum? Now need to log in twice to see myself loged in in the header place, but the same time the system understands the first login some way so its mentioned as 'last login time' after second login and 'View posts since your last visit' just don't works.

P.S. I don't think google will be pleased to a real solution about 'gmail'. 'googlemail' or as it was (seems to have forgotten the details) really kills what they have achieved with Gmail till now.
Totto

Postby Totto on Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:41 pm

Code: Select all
Btw, was there an update to phpBB that carries this forum? Now need to log in twice to see myself loged in in the header place, but the same time the system understands the first login some way so its mentioned as 'last login time' after second login and 'View posts since your last visit' just don't works.

It's all working good today. Thanks mods! :)
Totto

You sure

Postby horse590 on Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:51 am

[quote][/quote]

Are you sure about that because i dont think so.
horse590

Return to Everything Else Goes Here!