PROPOSAL: Generated templates

PROPOSAL: Generated templates

Postby kevinf on Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:18 pm

Hello there!
Well i know Jon is very busy as he's working alone, but i thought it would be good to write here about something i love. In fact i almost moved one of my sites to dotclear (dotclear.net) (even though it's not a blog hosting app by default) almost only for this feature.
What i love in dotclear is the generated template system, there is a simple template that can be customized with just a few clicks, you choose the background color or image, some other colors, a header color/or image, you can specify many things (like the number of columns) and then it generates your CSS file which is stored in your upload folder.. It is just fantastic for all the newbies that have blogs and want to change of template..
I thought it would be great to propose this.. Maybe in the future someone can do that..

Kevin
http://www.politicien.fr <- running lifetype 1.2.10!
kevinf

LifeType Version: 1.2.10

Re: PROPOSAL: Generated templates

Postby Nomad on Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:24 pm

think the yaml plugin does that .. not sure how it works (though I must look into it)

I've been testing putting the templates into the default folder and then using just css for styling....a lot can be done with just that....
Blog Ireland - now with video posting
Normally most write something meaningful here so many to choose from yet most oft ignored.
Nomad
Lifetype Expert

Postby jondaley on Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:48 am

I also haven't looked at the yaml plugin, but yes, that was the intended design and conversations around when that plugin was created.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

LifeType Version: 1.2.11 devel branch

Postby kevinf on Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:00 am

Thanks for your answer! I didn't know there were some conversations about it.
It's a pity that this has been forgotten for over 2 years now.. I think this feature would be incredible. In my opinion this is one of the top "missing" features of lifetype that comes close after the "widgets".
It's also a pity that reto and phunkphorce have left this forum :(
http://www.politicien.fr <- running lifetype 1.2.10!
kevinf

LifeType Version: 1.2.10

Return to LifeType 2.0 Development