Still on the road?

Re: Still on the road?

Postby oriol_e9g on Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:50 am

I have tested the lifetype 1.2.9-dev and seems it's working fine.

Are there any issues that are blocking the final release?
oriol_e9g

Postby jondaley on Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:57 am

I think the biggest blocks are developer time. I don't think anyone has made any commits in a while, to either 1.2.9 or 2.0.
Here is the official todo list:
http://bugs.lifetype.net/roadmap_page.php
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

LifeType Version: 1.2.11 devel branch

Postby ogd39 on Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:26 am

Hello!
Happy New Year and all wishes for thir year 2009.
Is 2.0 version still on the table?
It's true, there's monthes I don't have time anymore to look at lifetype, but I think it's the best blogfarm system nowaday, and it would be sad to let it "go down" in a forgotten box....
Are you the lonely person to work on it,Jon?
Have a good day everybody :P
LT version installed : 1.2.6
ogd39

Postby jondaley on Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:14 am

We're getting there. Just a couple more things for 1.2.9, and it should be ready for release. And once that is out, then we can start work on 2.0. Lots of stuff has already been done, but lots more to go, I think.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

Postby -J- on Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:04 am

Any news from LifeType 2.0 ??

is the project still running?
-J-

Postby jondaley on Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:28 pm

I think we can officially say that there aren't many developers sticking around. I am not sure what folks are doing, but they aren't responding to emails...

I still have a couple items for 1.2.9, http://bugs.lifetype.net/roadmap_page.php the time offset issue is probably easy to fix, so I figured I'd toss that in, and I think the static issues with new versions of PHP are going to cause more problems than we'll be able to quickly fix in 2.0, so they'll need to be fixed now.

Those fixes are pretty straightforward, just takes time to go through each one and replace it properly, so if you have any time, that'd be great.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

Postby martopiggus on Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:02 am

Jon, it's quite worrying while Oscar has not been signing in for quite a while and not updating his blog too... I love Lifetype but in the long run it wouldn't be too good if no one can commit on updating it...
martopiggus

Postby jondaley on Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:17 am

I actually just talked to Oscar the other day - he is still alive, which I had started to wonder...

He's just been really busy with various things, and so has had to prioritize where he spends his time.

Yes, I agree that it is disappointing that folks have disappeared. I think once 1.2.9 gets out, things will get better, as this release was not "fun" at all - lots of boring work that has to be done for security reasons. I've tossed in a handful of other fixes just to make it more interesting to work on.

I'm not going anywhere, but I am only one person.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

Postby chromos on Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:56 pm

today i fixed the rest of the static issues.

I also replaced all occurences of is_a() functions with the instanceof operator, because my server said this is an deprecated function. Although on some php manual site I read that is_a() is not going to be deprecated anymore with the release of PHP 5.3 IIRC.

Maybe I overdid it a little because at first i wanted to get rid of all warnings and errors. So I changed some signatures in some of the sql driver classes too, which i will change back to normal soon.

I have turned on E_STRICT in index.php, admin.php and summary.php. And all errors I am getting are those foloowing method overriding issues which cannot be solved that easily I guess because of php's retarded method overriding capabilites.

Strict Standards: Declaration of Template::display() should be compatible with that of Smarty::display() in /home/blah/public_html/class/template/template.class.php on line 52

What I found to be odd was that there is no consistent coding/commenting style used through all of the files, I also did not like the lack of comments...
chromos

LifeType Version: 1.2.9-devel

Postby jondaley on Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:47 pm

phunkphorce went through all the code (I think he made it all the way through) to put all the file and function comments so the apis can be auto-documented.

I haven't found the code to be that undocumented - and usually I notice that sort of thing. We do have various third party stuff that we don't edit for the most part.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

Postby italian_user on Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:40 am

jondaley wrote:I think we can officially say that there aren't many developers sticking around. I am not sure what folks are doing, but they aren't responding to emails...

It's so sad!
So, is it possible that the lifetype project will go to die?

It's a very very sad notice...
italian_user

LifeType Version: 1.2.11

Postby jondaley on Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:19 am

Yes, though I'm still here. Unfortunately, I've been doing work that I get paid to do, so haven't had much time for LifeType. I keep meaning to fix it. And as soon as Debian switches over to 5.2.8 or whatever version causes all the static problems, you can be sure that I'll fix them immediately then, because then my blog will be broken. :)
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

Postby zaanen on Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:45 pm

Hi Jon,

I was Wundering if 2.0 is in the near futere or that it will take a few years.
The reason i ask is i always used lifetype and now i want it to integrated with a new design website.
I am thinking of using ajax for the blog but i see that will be integrated in 2.0
Is 2.0 comming out soon ?
Or is it possible to get the ajax part working already in 1.2.x
because the admin pages are not really intresting for me ad the moment that already works for me without ajax.
zaanen

Postby jondaley on Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:32 pm

I do keep wanting to get to the 2.0 version, but I've been working on some other projects recently (like the CSRF protection plugin). And I figure that needs to get finished first before moving to 2.0, since it will probably take a while for people to upgrade, even if we released 2.0 today.

It will be a while, since I am the only developer working on it. Any help is welcome.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

Postby zaanen on Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:50 pm

Hi Jon,

I am not a great devellopper, I used you api to make my divs on my old blog.
So it can expand instead reload the page.
The archive i made a query of my own that reads the category the user is in. So i have 2 kind of blogs in 1 blog. on my site.

http://www.alexvanzaanen.nl

Now i am working on a bug in the sport & spelers section because it loses it tags after selecting an image.
zaanen

Previous

Return to LifeType 2.0 Development