Deleting resources

Deleting resources

Postby Afroz on Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:44 am

If I have 2 or more non-empty resources, such as albums, and I try to delete them, the 2 corresponding error messages don't have a break between them. For example:
Code: Select all
Album "Album 1" has children. Please edit first the album and try againAlbum "Album 2" has children. Please edit first the album and try again

Since the error contains 2 sentences, there should be a full-stop/period at the end of the second sentence too.

I hope I don't sound too stuck up or anything, but might "Please empty the album first and then try again" sound a little better than "Please edit first the album and try again" (in $messages['error_album_has_children'])? That's just an opinion. What do you developers think? Likewise with "Please edit first the blogs and then try again" (in $messages['error_blog_category_has_blogs'])? That's just a personal opinion. Feel free to disagree. :)
Afroz

Postby jondaley on Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:18 am

I updated the strings in 1.2 like this:
Please empty the album first and then try again.
Please remove the blogs from the category and then try again.

I added the carriage return for the album message. I believe the category deletion messages already had it.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

LifeType Version: 1.2.11 devel branch

Postby phunkphorce on Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:47 am

Sorry, I'm not a native speaker and more often than I not I make those silly mistakes :) But thanks for bringing these up!
phunkphorce
Lifetype Expert

Postby Afroz on Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:43 am

No, I'm the one that should say sorry for troubling you guys with such minor details. But for good software, I think even these minor points are important. :)

While on the topic of minor details... on top of the summary page, the links are "Summary Register Post Blogs Users". Perhaps "Posts" would be more appropriate than "Post"?

Sorry again!
Btw, your English is good! I'm not a native speaker either, though English is my first language. However, I often make such silly little mistakes myself! :)
Afroz

Postby jondaley on Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:48 pm

I almost changed that the other day. I'll do it now. Hrm. summary locale messages are in the administration section - is that expected?
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

LifeType Version: 1.2.11 devel branch

Return to LifeType 2.0 Development