User registration in 1.2

User registration in 1.2

Postby mivaho on Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:46 pm

Hi,

What I would like to see is a simple registration for users just so they can comment.
Now it is connected to blogging and in 1.2 you want it to make it a bit more flexible, but a simple registration per blog maybe for users so they can comment would be nice as well.

Like some forums and cms's have, only registered users can comment on articles.

If I've missed something please correct me. :)

Maybe a separate user entry in the database coupled to a blog ID?

Regards,
Michel
mivaho

Postby phunkphorce on Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:59 pm

Comments by registered users has already been implemented in the development version of 1.2, so I don't see why we could implement this feature you're asking for.

I will add it to the roadmap and see what we can do about it.
phunkphorce
Lifetype Expert

Postby mivaho on Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:15 am

Hi phunkphorce,

phunkphorce wrote:I don't see why we could implement this feature you're asking for.

I think you mean "could not" seeing you remark below?

phunkphorce wrote:I will add it to the roadmap and see what we can do about it.

That would be nice, because I could imagine people would like a person to register before commenting but don't want all of them to create a blog first with which they will never do anything.

Great, I had another tought about it. And maybe not do a separate user base for this but some sort of flag which tells if a person registered for a blog or for commenting but if that person would like to start blogging he/she does not need to reregister but only has to upgrade to another level, or something like that. But you know better. :)

Again thnx,

Michel
mivaho

Postby phunkphorce on Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:21 pm

mivaho wrote:Hi phunkphorce,

phunkphorce wrote:I don't see why we could implement this feature you're asking for.

I think you mean "could not" seeing you remark below?

Yes, I meant "could not", sorry ;)

phunkphorce wrote:I will add it to the roadmap and see what we can do about it.

That would be nice, because I could imagine people would like a person to register before commenting but don't want all of them to create a blog first with which they will never do anything.

Great, I had another tought about it. And maybe not do a separate user base for this but some sort of flag which tells if a person registered for a blog or for commenting but if that person would like to start blogging he/she does not need to reregister but only has to upgrade to another level, or something like that. But you know better. :)

I understand what you mean, we will take a look for 1.2...
phunkphorce
Lifetype Expert

Postby mivaho on Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:49 pm

Hi,

Been away for a while and am looking at 1.24 but see that it's still not possible to register as a user without the need of creating a blog. Or am I looking in the wrong place?

Michel
mivaho

Postby phunkphorce on Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:06 am

No, it's not possible. We did not implement this feature...
phunkphorce
Lifetype Expert

Postby mivaho on Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:55 pm

Will it be implemented in 2.0?

Michel
mivaho

Postby phunkphorce on Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:34 pm

We'll see what we can do. Why don't you request it via http://bugs.lifetype.net as a feature request? At least we will remember about it next time we look in there.
phunkphorce
Lifetype Expert

Postby Nomad on Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:16 pm

phunkphorce wrote:We'll see what we can do. Why don't you request it via http://bugs.lifetype.net as a feature request? At least we will remember about it next time we look in there.

Huh? I registered a user on a blog the other week? A user had requested to add a couple of friends to there blog and I added them in the admin panel. Though saying that they haven't as yet logged in and used the system so I wonder if it worked...
Blog Ireland - now with video posting
Normally most write something meaningful here so many to choose from yet most oft ignored.
Nomad
Lifetype Expert

Postby jondaley on Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:52 am

I think he means to be able to register from the user-side.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

LifeType Version: 1.2.11 devel branch

Postby mivaho on Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:16 pm

Hi,

jondaley wrote:I think he means to be able to register from the user-side.

Yep exactly, I would like to restrict commenting to registered users but don't want to let just anyone create a blog (at this time).

And I don't want people mailing me to register them when that's something a system like Lifetype is (should be) quite capable of doing automatically for me. :)

SeeYa,
Michel
mivaho

Return to LifeType 2.0 Development