When the new version?

When the new version?

Postby lavinya on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:25 am

Hello. We love LifeType software. for a long time, but the new version came out. came a long period of time, many web technologies. in this case, turning to the software of people on the wp. When will the new version of LifeType would appreciate if information? Thanks.
lavinya

Re: When the new version?

Postby jondaley on Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:08 pm

Yeah, I know. Most of the developers have disappeared, so I don't know what the future of lifetype is. I have just had the bare minimum of time for the project. I still use it for a half dozen projects. I'd love to get the 2.0 stuff cleaned up and published, but it has been years, so seems unlikely I am going to get around to doing it. I suppose if something broke, or if there were some security issues, then I'd have to work on it, but I can't promise anything unless we can get some other developers interested.

I have some wordpress projects, and I don't want to have to switch to that for my own blog. So many security issues, and abandoned plugins, and deprecated APIs and code/templating all mixed in together. Certainly makes one appreciate LifeType more after working on a wordpress project... But, they have lots of developers, and so can keep things going faster. Someday, they might even catch up with regards to hosting multiple sites on the same installation.... :)
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

LifeType Version: 1.2.11 devel branch

Return to LifeType 2.0 Development