LifeType, it is only just for forums?

LifeType, it is only just for forums?

Postby Paul Weinstock on Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:04 pm

Hi, guys is LifeType only for blogging or we can use its script for anything more?
Paul Weinstock
Paul Weinstock

LifeType Version: not yet

Re: LifeType, it is only just for forums?

Postby Nomad on Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:24 pm

lifetype is essentially a Blogging Platform (And a very good one! - lol ok so i'm biased ^_^) but it can be used for simple content management if you wanted....

I've actually recently come across a CMS system where you can incorporate Lifetype and other platforms in to it - so you can build a more extensive community portal if you wished. With a one stop login to all components. I'm still working with it and will have more info on it shortly but it seems to be a good option for folk who want to go that way..

But to answer your question LT is basically a blog platform though as I've indicated a very adaptable and powerful platform...
Blog Ireland - now with video posting
Normally most write something meaningful here so many to choose from yet most oft ignored.
Nomad
Lifetype Expert

Postby jondaley on Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:23 am

What things did you have in mind?
I have successfully used it as a CMS for a couple sites.
I tried to convince someone to use it for his idea of a sort of youtube clone, but he decided to go from scratch instead.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

LifeType Version: 1.2.11 devel branch

Postby drsceifers on Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:51 pm

Nomad,

Do you feel comfortable sharing the CMS's you have used or seen used that integrate well with LifeType? I am considering building a large community portal and love LifeType's capabilities.

Thanks
drsceifers

LifeType Version: 1.2.8

Postby Nomad on Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:45 am

yeah sure - this is the CMS ->http://www.cmsmadesimple.org/

You need that and then follow the instructions here -> http://www.icms.info/ on how to set it all up

You'll need

CMS MadeSimple
Lifetype
phpBB3
CopperminePhoto gallery
phpChat

Just post back here if you need any help
Normally most write something meaningful here so many to choose from yet most oft ignored.
Nomad
Lifetype Expert

Postby drsceifers on Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:23 am

Nomad,

This is my first time using iCMS & I am excited to get it installed. I was just finishing FEU integration when I came upon this paragraph.

Now register again on your site. After activation (if not disabled) the new user will be created in FrontEndUsers module. Log in with this user and change mail address. It has to be changed in FrontEndUsers module as well.
Admin user is however does not yet exist in FrontEndUsers. But you can synchronize any user in all activated applications. Go to iCMSUser panel and choose "Manage users". Click on blue icon with question mark at end of the line in the user list. The comparison table for all user accounts is presented. Click on "Synchronize User" and the user will be added/updated in all connected applications. Try to login with admin user as well. It should work now.

Am I supposed to register with the same admin account I used in the previous signup? Or, is this a different user I am creating? Also, should I use a wrong email, since it asks me to change the email address?

Thanks for the clarification!
drsceifers

LifeType Version: 1.2.8

Postby Nomad on Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:14 am

It won't let you register the same account twice anyway - the parts where it tells you to register is mainly for testing purposes just to make sure that you have everything set up correctly.....

:)
Nomad
Lifetype Expert

Return to Templates