Turning off Smarty / Parsing php

Turning off Smarty / Parsing php

Postby Apache on Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:58 am

Hi there,

maybe a stupid question but anyhow.... we're redoing our site and except for the article and resources pages everything else is detached from any templates .. we'll just link from our pages to individual articles.

So now I'm trying to implement the postand comments template into our design with not too horrific results so far except... sometimes we get smarty errors complaining about code snippets related to dreamweaver swap image code residing in our design. Therefore my question ... is it absolutely necessary to use Smarty and if no .. how do I turn it off?

And second Q ... we have more of our own php includes sitting in the postandcommentstemplate, which are not showing. Any way to allow the parsing of additional includes in this template?

Thx in advance for any hints ...
Apache

Re: Turning off Smarty / Parsing php

Postby jondaley on Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:22 am

I think you are asking for the {literal} tag {/literal}, that turns off the smarty parsing, which is useful for inline javascript and css.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

LifeType Version: 1.2.11 devel branch

Postby chromos on Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:43 am

php includes should work with {php] and {/php} tags ... also you'll have to allow the usage of php in template files (admin panel -> templates)
chromos

LifeType Version: 1.2.9-devel

Postby Apache on Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:53 am

thx .. yup .. that seems to have done the job concerning the *.js stuff :D :D Image swaps etc r working now...

doesn't help though with the include php files .... they still won't show ... :cry:
Apache

Return to Templates