agreement template in HTML

agreement template in HTML

Postby desoto0311 on Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:34 am

Hey there-
Briefly; I'm not new to php, (although I'm not a programmer; 5+ years of 'limping' through the code and creating small apps.) or to many of the open source projects/CMS' out there. Finding this LifeType both amazing and frustrating at the same time. I have quite a few questions (like where's all of the documentation? The wiki is in bad shape.) but will focus on the subject of this post.

I've modified my agreement template page to reflect my own sites' TOS but I have a problem. It's *somewhat* long and I for the sake of my users' sanity, I really need to use ordered lists for this. I've hand-coded the page in html, but when diaplyed, it shows all html tags. Is there a way to specifically change this to display the page as html? Does it have something to do with the 'smarty' template system? I've seen smarty everywhere but this is my first attempt at actually using a system that incorporates it.

Thank you for your time.
-D
desoto0311

LifeType Version: 1.2.8

Re: agreement template in HTML

Postby chromos on Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:07 am

Hm why do you think the wiki is in a bad shape?
you can find the api on the Development page.

Here is all you need to know about templates.

regards,
fabian
chromos

LifeType Version: 1.2.9-devel

Postby desoto0311 on Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:14 pm

Well, once specific area of the wiki seems to be pretty lacking, which is the actual user manual. I was searching for a place that would let me understand, item by item, what many of the 'options' were in the administration back-end. (Like the "pull_down_menu_enabled", for example) I'd prefer reading everything I can to changing a setting, refreshing the site and seeing that nothing has changed, then changing the setting back and so on and so forth, lol.

Thanks for the link; I've quickly browsed through but will have to dig deeper I'm sure. I'm zero for two in trying to get a captcha plug-in working (both authimage & recaptcha) and can't tell when there is code in the template that's 'smarty-specific' or lifetype-specific. I can't seem to find a list of acceptable variables that can be placed in the templates. (I looked through the template wiki for that to no avail.)

So either it's all there and I'm not wiki-search savvy, or I need to google a bit more, lol.
desoto0311

LifeType Version: 1.2.8

Postby jondaley on Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:35 pm

From the main page of the wiki, click on the link that says "introduction to lifetype templates", and then also see the "template guidelines".
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

LifeType Version: 1.2.11 devel branch

Return to Templates