Adding "Topic" field to comment posts

Adding "Topic" field to comment posts

Postby jeffj on Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:15 pm

I recently upgraded from LT v1.1.3 to 1.2.8. And now, I am trying to get my 1.1.3 templates updated to include the new features offered by v1.2.x.

I have transitioned every blog from using it's own individual comment form to using the global default comment form. It's a nice feature. However, in my 1.1 templates, there is no field for "Topic" or at least it's not showing up. Perhaps it was available in 1.1 and my designer just missed it when creating our original templates. Or it's a new field in 1.2.

At any rate, I'd like to add this "Topic" field to the comment posts, especially since users are entering data in that field and it's not showing on their comments. Can anyone help direct me to the right file and the right code to insert? TIA.

- jeff
A2 Blog Centre | News and stories from the Asian Access community... powered by LifeType
jeffj

LifeType Version: v1.2.8

Re: Adding "Topic" field to comment posts

Postby jondaley on Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:33 am

It has been around a long time, though not all template designers use it. Look in standard.template, where it says:
<h3 class="commentheader">{if $comment->getTopic() != null} {$comment->getTopic()|strip_tags}{else}Re: <em>{$post->getTopic()|strip_tags}</em>{/if}</h3>
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

LifeType Version: 1.2.11 devel branch

Re: Adding "Topic" field to comment posts

Postby jeffj on Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:35 am

Thanks! That did the trick!
A2 Blog Centre | News and stories from the Asian Access community... powered by LifeType
jeffj

LifeType Version: v1.2.8

Return to Templates