New Secretblog plugin

New Secretblog plugin

Postby Mischa on Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:58 pm

Today, a new Secretblog plugin was made.

Two issues:
1. the info on http://wiki.lifetype.net/index.php/Plugin_secretblog says that it cannot protect blogs that are visible on the Summary page: This seems to be old info, as I was able to protect one blog that is on the Summary page.
2. Simply copying it to the plugin folder, and then enabling it in the admin area... locked me out! :P
And nowhere did I find info about a default password (tried "admin" and the like). So, enabling it and being locked out was not nice... By renaming the folder at crucial points in the admin updates, I was able to get passed that lock-out.... but there is a better way, no?
Using lifetype-1.2.12 pretty standard config
Mischa

LifeType Version: 1.2.12

Re: New Secretblog plugin

Postby jondaley on Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:22 pm

Plugins don't work on the summary page.

I'll need more information to diagnose what happened on the admin side. As far as I know, the plugin doesn't do anything on the admin-side. What errors did you get?

You can disable a plugin completely by moving the folder out of the plugins directory, and so then will restore any potential broken functionality.

I do see that the filter is being registered on the admin side too, so perhaps that is the problem you were having. Please fill out a bug report on bugs.lifetype.net with the steps to reproduce it, and the text that you see when you are locked out, etc.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

LifeType Version: 1.2.11 devel branch

Postby raciloni on Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:07 pm

1. I think that Mischa means that recent posts in the blog still apear in the summary page, you need to disable "show_in_summary" in blog setttings to prevent posts from being visible in summary page. I think that this option should be disabeld by the plugin.

2.For the second issue I think the filter should be registred only in the blog side, I solved this issue by replacing this line in "pluginsecretblog.class.php" :

Code: Select all
$this->registerFilter( "SecretBlogFilter" );

By :

Code: Select all
  if( $this->getSource() == "index" ) {     $this->registerFilter( "SecretBlogFilter" );       }
raciloni

LifeType Version: lifetype-1.2.11_r711

Postby jondaley on Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:41 pm

Yes, that is the thing I said I noticed, and wondered if that was his trouble. I wonder why others haven't complained about that before.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

Postby jondaley on Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:50 pm

I've uploaded the change so the secretblog only protects the user side.

For the other feature request, someone can add it to bugs.lifetype.net (or raciloni, if you want to fix the bug, go ahead - I'm not sure the best place to put it - I guess probably make a function whenever the plugin is enabled, and at that point set the show_in_summary variable. I suppose there could exist someone who wants to allow the intro portion to show in the summary, but not the rest? So, we could either just overwrite the setting, and then the blog owner could reset it after enabling the plugin, or else, there could be a separate configuration variable for this plugin that overrides the blog_setting version.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

Return to Plugin Development Team