Send notifications to people who comments

Send notifications to people who comments

Postby eluis on Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:37 am

Hi,

Is there any plugin to send an email notification to those people that comment on an article if another comment appears on the same article?

Thanks.
eluis

LifeType Version: 1.1.3

Re: Send notifications to people who comments

Postby jondaley on Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:42 am

subscribe, which I use on my blog http://jon.limedaley.com, but it is in the "unported" directory for 1.2, due to some "security" sorts of issues, where it is possible for a spammer to sign up a user, and verify the user without the user verifying himself. And then he posts a comment to the blog, and if he can get his spam past your spam filter, your system will email it out to him, and the user will be confused why he is signed up on your blog. It isn't a long fix (put the hash key as a parameter in the blog settings (like we do for authimage), so if you are a halfway decent PHP programmer, you could do it yourself, otherwise, you'll need to wait for someone else (probably me...) to do it for you.

(or just install it anyway - I haven't had any trouble with spammers so far...
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

LifeType Version: 1.2.11 devel branch

Postby marcotics on Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:28 pm

Has anyone had any luck recoding this plugin, or does anyone have the plugin, i can't find it on sourceforge...
marcotics

LifeType Version: 1.2.11

Postby jondaley on Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:16 pm

I just worked on it for quite a while to make it fit for public consumption. Since I am probably the only person who has ever used this plugin, you will probably have some ideas on how to make it better, as well as you might run into some bugs...
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

Postby Mischa on Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:01 am

I am using it, thanks for posting it on http://sourceforge.net/projects/lifetyp ... etype-1.2/

Will report bugs here. Initially, seems to work fine!
Using lifetype-1.2.12 pretty standard config
Mischa

LifeType Version: 1.2.12

Postby marcotics on Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:33 pm

Works great, security is efficient as well. I found one little issue, one that was to be expected. At this moment, it does not work with posts that are not added through the admin control panel.

So posts imported in any way through a plugin, like for instance the Moblog plugin, will not sent out a email that there is a new post. Perhaps this can be fixed, i guess posts added through the plugin that parses RSS will not work either.
marcotics

LifeType Version: 1.2.11

Postby jondaley on Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:43 am

true, and also posts that are posted in the future.

I believe the posts from other sources can be added easily enough - they should all be triggering a new post "event", and then my plugin will work accordingly.

Please add a bug report on bugs.lifetype.net so we don't forget. I suspect it will be a quick fix, so I can probably do it this week.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

Return to Plugin Development Team