Plugin NoFollow

Plugin NoFollow

Postby middir on Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:34 pm

Dear developers,

I am new within the lifetype world :)

I am playing with it since a while and I was wondering if it's possible to have a plugin such as the Nofollow one to add this tag or encrypt the link added in any article of any bloggers.

I am just worried that some people will use the plateform to add backlinks to their site and get my site full of real spammers :(

Thanks for your help,

Cheers,
middir

LifeType Version: 1.2.8

Re: Plugin NoFollow

Postby jondaley on Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:56 am

It sounds like you haven't seen the nofollow plugin? If you are asking for something else, please ask again, because I don't know what you mean.

http://wiki.lifetype.net/index.php/Plugin_nofollow

I would recommend installing hiddeninput or authimage to curb the spam - I don't know if the spammers really care about nofollow - obviously it doesn't help their search engine ratings, but regular users will still see it.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

LifeType Version: 1.2.11 devel branch

Postby middir on Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:10 am

Dear Jondaley,

Thanks for your reply. I installed this plugin that add a nofollow to any URL in the comment added by any user. What I am wondering is if we can do this into the text added by the blogger.

I am not talking about bot spam but human spammer who will post only text to make backlinks to their site(s).

I hope it's making sense now,

Best Regards,
middir

Postby jondaley on Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:46 am

Ah, you mean you are offering a free blog hosting, and spammers will sign up for a blog and then post spam links in the article text? Can be done, but there doesn't exist any code to do it currently. You'd have to make a plugin that was notified when the post was added or updated, and do the same nofollow logic as the current nofollow plugin.

I took a quick look at the current plugin, and it might be reasonably simple by registering for EVENT_PRE_POST_ADD and EVENT_PRE_POST_UPDATE (I think you want the PRE_ versions and not the POST_ versions). And then the process function would need to be changed to look for the post text, rather than the comment text.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

Postby middir on Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:41 am

Yes,

It's exactly what I meant. I know some blog provider who are having a function that add a javascript to any link from the articles.

I think it can be a great idea to block spammer using the platform as a backlink tool.

Thanks for your time, I will have a look to see how the plugin has been coded and see if I can create the plugin myself :)

But if anyone thinks that is a good stuff to dev you are welcome to participate :D

Thanks again,

Cheers.

Middir
middir

Postby lavinya on Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:34 am

Hello.
i modified nofollow comment plugin.
here: http://weblogtr.com/nofollow.zip

But added only "EVENT_PRE_POST_ADD" . Please displaying zip file. True or wrong code?
thanks.
lavinya

Postby jondaley on Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:42 am

It turns out it is harder than I originally thought. Comments can't be edited, and so you can use the PRE_COMMENT_ADD event, but for a post, the spammer could simply edit the post after he posted it. So, I first tried to use POST_LOADED, but that caused an extra nofollow to be added each time the post is edited/updated. So, it has to be done using EVENT_PROCESS_BLOG_TEMPLATE_OUTPUT, which means that you can't distinguish between post links and sidebar links - which I guess is good, since the spammer could put links there too.

Try out this file, and see what you think.
http://jon.limedaley.com/plog/plugins/n ... class.phps

I think the best solution will probably be to combine the two plugins, and have a setting for comment links, and a setting for all links.

What does google do if he encounters a link like <a href="asdasd" rel="tricky_spammer nofollow">asdasd</a>?
The current code will do that if the poster enters a link like this: <a href="asdasd" rel="tricky_spammer">asdasd</a>.

The content replacing could be changed to fix that.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

Postby lavinya on Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:10 am

Thanks for reply jondaley.
Hmmm.. but your class (EVENT_PROCESS_BLOG_TEMPLATE_OUTPUT) all link added nofollow tag. :lol: (in any post.)
nofollow tag must be only outgoing links. and sidebar links no problem. The most spam links are in article links.(posts) . Because similar content.

example:
----
title: recipe name
post content: this is recipe. recipe ..... .....
and link to similar outgoing links
----

Other similar topic:
http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/punbb/view ... hp?id=4576
http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/punbb/view ... hp?id=6581

But how's that ? not understand... :( Can you make a plugin about this.?
lavinya

Postby jondaley on Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:38 am

I don't really understand it either. I am not sure if you install the advlink plugin will it modify all of the links, even if you don't click on the link button? You probably need to install the plugin and see if it works. A tinymce plugin isn't entirely secure, since either the spammer could not use the tinymce editor at all, or else just POST the data directly.

If you don't like the EVENT_PROCESS_BLOG_TEMPLATE_OUTPUT method, with modifying all links, you will probably have a hard time getting it done correctly.

For what its worth, I have seen a number of spam blogs that have the sidebar filled up with spam too.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

Postby middir on Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:46 am

Hey Guys,

I am glad that some of you understand the benefits of this kind of plugin. :D

Anyone manage to get this working? Is there a stable plugin available?

Cheers,
middir

Postby middir on Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:24 pm

hello jondaley ,

Just wondering if you find a way to do so? I am close to lunch the blogs for my site, but I was keen to have this set up .

Can't see the link of you class file ( link that you post earlier in this conversation).

Thanks for your help,

Regards,
middir

Postby jondaley on Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:30 am

I removed my modified nofollow plugin a couple days ago. It worked, but only if you wanted all links modified.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

Postby middir on Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:29 am

Hey J,

what do you mean by all the links? also the one hard coded in the templates? Or only the links added to all the blogs articles' ?

Please advice,

middir

PS: if it's all the blog articles, how can I get the file? Could you re-upload it for me again :oops: ? :)
middir

Postby jondaley on Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:27 am

by "all links", I meant all links on the page. Like we talk about in the conversation above, and the original poster didn't like that behavior.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

Postby middir on Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:03 pm

is it no possible to create a HACK for the function :

getText

Such as getText will parse the content , add the no follow and then show the text in the page.

What do you think about this?

Cheers,
middir

Next

Return to Plugin Development Team