hotlinking plugin for LifeTYpe 1.2

hotlinking plugin for LifeTYpe 1.2

Postby pwestbro on Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:29 pm

Hello,
I was interested in porting the hotlinkprevention plugin to 1.2, and have finished most of the work.

The problem is that with the new resource mechanism in lifetype, the plugin will only block resources that had been added before 1.2.

Is this a worthwhile feature that we want to add? If so, I can try to have the plugin generate/modify the .htaccess file in the gallery that corresponds to a specified blog

If this change were made, the plugin will not need to be a pipeline filter anymore

Thanks,

Paul
pwestbro

Postby phunkphorce on Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:37 pm

Can't this be implemented now with some .htaccess and mod_rewrite trickery? I think this belongs more to apache and less to php code...

By the way, why do you say that will only work for files added before 1.2?
phunkphorce
Lifetype Expert

Postby pwestbro on Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:01 pm

phunkphorce wrote:Can't this be implemented now with some .htaccess and mod_rewrite trickery? I think this belongs more to apache and less to php code...

Yes. I just wanted to create plugin that would make modifying the .htaccess file easier.

phunkphorce wrote:By the way, why do you say that will only work for files added before 1.2?

The way the plugin used to work was to implement a pipeline filter that got called in ResourceServerAction. This class is only called when viewing resources where the urls to the resources were generated before running 1.2.

When a resource url is generated with 1.2, the actual url for the file on the web server is returned.

--Paul
pwestbro

Postby phunkphorce on Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:54 am

Oh that's true... I guess modifying .htaccess is fine in that case.
phunkphorce
Lifetype Expert

Return to Plugin Development Team