plugins ported to 1.2

plugins ported to 1.2

Postby -J- on Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:49 am

Hi,

I've got problems with the ported plugins (I've downloaded the latest version). I've tried to install sociable and google analytics, but I haven't got access to the plugin settings ...

The plugins appear in administration > plugin center, but nothing appears in the plugins settings page :?

I thougth I would have access to the plugin settings in the control center, but there's nothing there neither.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance for your help :)
-J-

Postby phunkphorce on Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:19 am

The "plugin settings" page is used to control some of these plugins at the global level, and it is one of the new features (the so-called "global plugin settings framework") Not all plugins support it, mostly because it doesn't make sense... If you for example install the 'hostblock' or 'contentfilter' plugin, you should see some new settings in there. Whatever setting you change at the global level will affect all blogs.

However, this feature does not affect per-blog configuration of plugins: there are some settings that don't make sense at the global level and most plugins will use this feature to get themselves enabled or disabled globally. For example in the case of the 'smileys' plugin, it is possible for admins to enable the plugin globally but blog owners will still have to set their preferred set of smileys and so on.

You need to play around with it a little to understand how it works...
phunkphorce
Lifetype Expert

Return to Plugin Development Team