What is needed?

What is needed?

Postby phunkphorce on Fri May 21, 2004 3:16 am

We have put a lot of effort into making the plugin framework in 1.0 powerful enough so that new features can be easily added to plog withouht needing to change a single line of the core classes. The plugin framework is ready and works well.

pLog 1.0 should ship with at least a few interesting plugins. Work on some of them has already started and some of their functionality has already been implemented. This is a list of plugins that we would like to see implemented:

- Easier to use 'smileys' plugin --> implemented, might need some polish
    - Plugin to make some posts secret so that they require a password to be read --> already started and somehow working
    - Template editor plugin, that would allow users to edit their templates online --> not started
    - Backup plugin, that would allow users to dump the contents of their databases --> not started
    - A plugin that would allow "external" users to submit stories to a blog. The se stories would be kept "on hold" in the database until their are approved by the blog owner --> started, but not much done
    - A plugin to request authentication before posting comments --> the code of the 'secret posts' plugin could be used as an example for this
    - A plugin that would keep comments on hold until they are approved by the blog owner --> already started, working quite well.

For those interested, please leave a message here :)

Oscar
phunkphorce
Lifetype Expert

Postby sulleleven on Fri May 28, 2004 12:09 am

bear with me. I am working on 3 projects concurrently. i then wouldl ove to delve into plog dev stuff!!!!
"stay tuned, always "
sulleleven
Lifetype Expert

Smiley Plug-in enhanced

Postby markwu on Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:32 am

Hi Oscar:

I just modify the smiley plug-in with a new function smiley_bar, it will generate a smiley bar in bottom of comment box, and when click the smiley, the smiley_code will bring to comment box.

Syntax like {smileys->smiley_bar()}

I think with this function, user can easily to use smiley plug-in without any javascript skill or html skill ...

I will post the code in genereal plug-in forum later.

Regards, Mark
markwu
Lifetype Expert

Postby phunkphorce on Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:19 am

great! let me know when it's ready and I'll put it up for download in sf.net! :)
phunkphorce
Lifetype Expert

Return to Plugin Development Team