adsense again

adsense again

Postby rex on Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:37 am

i want to put adsense but (if possible?) not by changing the template.

because i want to allow user choose their template and i dont want the trouble changing few dozens template to put adsense code into it.

beside my laziness, (my excuse is) the internet connection here is extremely slow and expensive
(sometimes slower than the old time dial-up).
it takes very long time to upload all the changed template one by one to their destinated folders.

is it possible?

tia
rex
rex

Re: adsense again

Postby markwu on Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:53 pm

rex wrote:i want to put adsense but (if possible?) not by changing the template.

because i want to allow user choose their template and i dont want the trouble changing few dozens template to put adsense code into it.

beside my laziness, (my excuse is) the internet connection here is extremely slow and expensive
it takes very long time to upload all the changed template one by one to their destinated folders.

is it possible?

tia
rex

If you willing to pay, I think I can develope the plugin for you. Just pm me, if you need.

Mark
markwu
Lifetype Expert

Postby rex on Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:11 am

maybe i might... maybe in future...
when i really make money from this...

tnx
rex
rex

Postby simitpatel on Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:27 pm

Are PMs working? I tried PM'ing you mark, but it's not showing up in my sentbox, so not sure if you got it....

In any event, I'm looking for this plugin, and would be willing to pay anyone who'd like to develop it. The plugin will be CC licensed and free for all to use.

If you're interested, PM me (or if PMs arent working, email me at kmercury@gmail).
simitpatel

Postby jondaley on Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:30 pm

The PMs stay in the outbox until the user logs in, or maybe until he actually reads the message. Mark probably hasn't seen the message yet. Once he does, it will move to the sentbox.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

LifeType Version: 1.2.11 devel branch

Postby SidV on Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:58 pm

rex wrote:i want to put adsense but (if possible?) not by changing the template.

is it possible?

tia
rex

I am thinking about this topic, and...
I check http://www.lifetype.net/api/index.html
Where is the str_replace variables of html ?
Because, if we can manipulate the "body" tag (or an other html tag) with "str_replace" we can put banners and the user blogs can't modify in their templates. U understand me? :roll:
SidV

Postby phunkphorce on Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:08 pm

SidV wrote:

is it possible?

tia
rex

I am thinking about this topic, and...
I check http://www.lifetype.net/api/index.html
Where is the str_replace variables of html ?
Because, if we can manipulate the "body" tag (or an other html tag) with "str_replace" we can put banners and the user blogs can't modify in their templates. U understand me? :roll:

This is not possible in 1.0.x but it has already been implemented in LT 1.1. Basically there is a new event that plugins can hook up to that allows plugins to perform modifications to the output of a rendered template *before* it is sent to the client, so that the markup can be dynamically changed.

No need for ugly hacks anymore to get ads in your blogs :)
phunkphorce
Lifetype Expert

Postby SidV on Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:47 pm

Wow... estoy ansioso... cuando llega LT 1.1? :roll:
Lol... tks !!!! I'm waiting LT1.1 a lot!!! Cooking LT1.1 !!! ;)
SidV

Postby -aat- on Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:01 am

phunkphorce wrote:This is not possible in 1.0.x but it has already been implemented in LT 1.1. Basically there is a new event that plugins can hook up to that allows plugins to perform modifications to the output of a rendered template *before* it is sent to the client, so that the markup can be dynamically changed.

No need for ugly hacks anymore to get ads in your blogs :)

I installed 1.1 but I don't find this feature in the code. Could you help me?
-aat-

Postby jondaley on Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:21 am

I think you have to write your own plugin. An event was added in 1.1, making this possible.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

LifeType Version: 1.2.11 devel branch

Postby -aat- on Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:53 pm

Yes but where is this event... That's my problem. I'd like to modify the template before it is included in the output.
-aat-

Postby phunkphorce on Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:14 am

Please read about plugins and events, it's not as easy as modifying some code:

http://wiki.lifetype.net/index.php/Plugin_Development and http://wiki.lifetype.net/index.php/Plug ... ent#Events
phunkphorce
Lifetype Expert

Postby heriniaina on Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:40 am

This is what I implemented with the modified adsense plugin

http://hery.blaogy.org/2007/04/11/googl ... fetype-11/
heriniaina

Return to Plugin Development Team