Template Glossyblue

Template Glossyblue

Postby Pavka on Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:36 am

We represent your attention nice template Glossyblue for blog, working on platform LifeType. The given template is created design-studio N.Design Studio for platform WordPress. We adapted this template for platform LifeType according to all specifications CSS and XHTML.

Download template Glossyblue you can in file archive blog which is specially created for demonstration of opportunities of a template.

I shall listen to all remarks and wishes on the given template.
С уважением,
Павел Ð
Pavka
Lifetype Expert

LifeType Version: 1.2.7

Postby phunkphorce on Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:19 am

I haven't tested the template yet, but did you have a look at the guidelines that every template should follow?

http://wiki.lifetype.net/index.php/Template_Guidelines

We have these guidelines to ensure that every template provided by the project offers the same kind of functionality.
phunkphorce
Lifetype Expert

Postby Pavka on Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:59 am

It is my first experience of creation of a template for LifeType, but I tried to adhere to this guidelines. :)
С уважением,
Павел Ð
Pavka
Lifetype Expert

Postby phunkphorce on Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:19 am

I tested the template and I found a few (small) issues:

- The screenshot file should be screenshot.jpg and not screenshot.png.
- The picture of authenticated commenters is not shown (and it should :))
- The form for posting comments does not appear correctly in the package you provided, but it looks fine in http://www.lifetype.ru/blog-2/category- ... 30/welcome, is the right styles.css file included in the package?
- The bottom of the page (with the text in Russian, German and English) doesn't look good if you're not using iso-8859-1 as the encoding, the Russian text cannot be read at all. Keep in mind that some of our western languages (English, Italian, Spanish, etc) are still using iso-8859-1 as the encoding. We are planning to switch to utf-8 some time in the future but not yet...

Can you have a look at these issues, please? :)
phunkphorce
Lifetype Expert

Postby Pavka on Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:52 pm

Thanks for helps! :)
Has considered all remarks and has corrected. Also has replaced archive.
С уважением,
Павел Ð
Pavka
Lifetype Expert

Postby phunkphorce on Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:26 pm

I finally had some time to test this again and this time, it looked a bit better although I had to fix a couple of things. First of all, the user picture in a comment was too big, so I made it a bit smaller and now it fits perfectly on the right side.

Second (and more important), templates should *not* include their own commentform.template. All templates should use the global comment form that is located in templates/default/commentform.template, have a look at this and this. The global comment form does not obviously look like the one wanted to have in your template and it does not use the same CSS classes either, but you can get it to look almost exactly like it by using a bit of CSS code. So I removed the file commentform.template that was in the .zip package and modified style.css in order to make it look better. Please download the version of the template available from Sourceforge.net and have a look at style.css, hopefully you will understand how I did it :)

The final template package is available here:

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/lifety ... irror=osdn
phunkphorce
Lifetype Expert

Return to Templates