Artwork would be nice as well.

Artwork would be nice as well.

Postby 3raser on Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:17 pm

I'm up for the challenge of designing a template for the community.

Now, stop me if you've already heard this one before, I would love to include your artwork as header images in a template design for LifeType. Other designers may appreciate this post as well.

If anyone has any photographs or artwork that I can include for free, on a GPL, open source, copyleft or something open from Creative Commons that would be great, "super-hero like even".

Things I like to see in images for web design...

- high res
- face on, as opposed to shot at an angle or skewed perspective
- no people or faces of people specifically. (legal issues)
- single color mode or theme.
- if you require no-attribution that's cool, but please let me know specifically.
- if you want a link to your website in exchange for use, that's cool but please let me know what the URL is to your website.

The usual copyleft image bunkers are tired and depleted of original content. So if anyone has anything unique they would like to donate to this project it would be appreciated.
3raser

Postby phunkphorce on Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:02 pm

Let us know if you proceed with this. We're always interested in high quality templates for the project :)
phunkphorce
Lifetype Expert

Postby 3raser on Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:28 pm

I will be - that's a given. I'm hosting LT now and will be for several years yet I'm sure.

It's going to take some time to learn the LifeType API, but I already rock the PHP, HTML, CSS and GIMP. I rock with Apache and MySQL as well. I've been doing this stuff for a decade now.

I've already done designs for WP, Blogger, Journalspace, MT, Mambo etc...

I usually start with an inspiring header graphic (which are harder and harder to find or haven't already been used elsewhere by others). Hence this post. Hopefully someone out there has one (or a dozen!). But I'll keep looking and snapping some pics myself. I'm no photographer, but sometimes even I get lucky.

Now that I have my own domain, server and multi-blog host for friends (thank you LifeType) I intend to share my work. A couple of designs and plugins are tops on my list. A new summary.php page design is first with a new custom default blog design to follow. Both of which I intend to give back to the community.

As for a good plugin, we'll see what my friends want/need and what the LT community doesn't have already.
3raser

Postby Rehsa4 on Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:32 pm

i've found asking origonal artists in deviantart if i can use part of their pictures as header images for blogs, and as long as i tell them they will be given full credit for the work, they are happy. You just need to fill them in on the details. I think i have like 10 people there, and i think 3 people at shadowness who are ok with me using some of their images as banners, as long as it's not the full image, and that they are given credit, they are happy.
Rehsa4

Return to Templates