Template Editor

Template Editor

Postby dans on Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:12 am

Hi, I hope that someone can help me as this is causing me a great deal of stress

I'm using Lifetype 1.1.1, and the 1.1 Template Editor.

The problem is, I can't actually edit anything. If for example, I go into index.template in the summary template folder, and I try and edit something like remove some code like the "most recent articles" part of the summary, I get the following:

"Exception message: mkdir(./templates/summary/backups): Permission denied
Error code: 2
-- Backtrace --
/Library/WebServer/Documents/lifetype/class/file/file.class.php(307): mkdir
/Library/WebServer/Documents/lifetype/plugins/templateeditor/class/action/pluginsiteupdatetemplatefileaction.class.php(59): file.createdir
/Library/WebServer/Documents/lifetype/class/controller/controller.class.php(310): pluginsiteupdatetemplatefileaction.perform
/Library/WebServer/Documents/lifetype/admin.php(43): admincontroller.process"

(I get this repeated quite a number of times with different commands all the way down this page. In fact, it happens quite a lot around the rest of my lifetype installation as well. what does it all mean?)

and

"There was an error backing up template file."

Since theres no documentation I have not got the foggiest idea on where to start editing templates. Is it even possible? in all the release notes it keeps saying the online smarty editor is "under development"

I wanted to edit my summary page and a part of my admin dashboard. Is that possible with this editor?

I would appreciate any help at all

Thanks
Dan
dans

Postby phunkphorce on Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:21 am

You need to grat write permissions to all of the template folders that you would like to edit, or else the web server won't be allowed to write in those.
phunkphorce
Lifetype Expert

Return to Templates