Documentation and Wiki suggestions

Documentation and Wiki suggestions

Postby riddle on Fri May 21, 2004 2:25 pm

I'm a pLog newbie and I don't see anywhere to report documentation suggestions, so I hope it's okay if I start a thread here.

To kick things off:

Looking at the Templates wiki page ( http://plog.bliang.com/wiki/index.php?p ... =Templates ) I see that we're encouraged to read up on Smarty, but there's no link to any Smarty documentation, neither inside nor outside the Wiki.

Thanks.
riddle

Postby phunkphorce on Sat May 22, 2004 5:37 am

Thanks for the hint :) But next time, feel free to add it... the wiki is open to everyone!
phunkphorce
Lifetype Expert

configuring plog to integrate non plog pages

Postby CF on Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:18 pm

Firstly, the documentation is great. I was able to get PLog up and working quickly with the wizard and had no problem. I want to get PLog working as a start page on my website (it is not a blog website - I just want to display new articles on the front page). I had a look at the example in the wiki. In the example the code for the index.php page includes (first few lines):
<?php
// load the Smarty library
require_once('Smarty.class.php');
$smarty = new Smarty;
// your web server must have write access to the following directories
$smarty-> compile_dir = '/bworxblog/tmp/compile';
$smarty -> config_dir = '/bworxblog/tmp/config';
$smarty -> cache_dir = '/bworxblog/tmp/cache';

This didn't work for me until I removed the leading slashes from the compile_dir, the config_dir and the cache_dir variables. It seemed that plog was trying to access directories which were in my root directory. I'm not sure if this is the same for every server - I just know that by removing the slashes I corrected the relative path to my installation. Perhaps it's useful for someone else.

CF
CF

Return to Documentation