Blog User Help Guide

Blog User Help Guide

Postby blogpigs on Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:47 am

I will be creating a basic user how to for my site, and using phpBB for it.

The reason for this is your intergration into pLog.

Its a high priority for me and I will be more than willing to make the db available for all.

Having said all that - any links in my phpBB users guide would link to my site - if anyone has a hack or workaround for phpBB to past pics and insert the pic as a blob file this would be oh ever so cool.

Another option would be for pLog to put up the phpBB and everyone can then add their 2 cents on user help - but I think a general format needs to be used not some BS topic that many people tend to use on BB's ie: I need help on install - the topic would need to be granular ie: Making A Post --> Using the Editor --> How to add a picture.

Your thoughts?

Originally posted on http://forums.lifetype.net/viewtopic.p ... c&start=15

Make comment on this post please.
BlogPigs.com Admin
blogpigs

Postby phunkphorce on Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:54 am

why don't you use a wiki? It is much easier to update a wiki than to edit posts in a forums... Also wikis were created to help in collaborative documentation efforts, unlike forums.
phunkphorce
Lifetype Expert

Postby blogpigs on Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:03 am

phunkphorce wrote:why don't you use a wiki? It is much easier to update a wiki than to edit posts in a forums... Also wikis were created to help in collaborative documentation efforts, unlike forums.

Thats an Idea, never thought about the wiki thing, guess I was thinking more on the lines of pLog intergrating with phpBB - Idea being that there could be posts that could not be commented on and that any users that had additional questions or comments could in fact post them in an other area of the fourm keeping everything intergrated.
BlogPigs.com Admin
blogpigs

Postby Monjo on Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:08 am

pLog in v1.1 will integrate with phpbb2
There's already a lot of Wikis which integrate users with phpbb2

In theory then you could use the development version of pLog, phpbb2 and a wiki of ur choice and link all the user dbs through phpbb2

also some wikis allow comments in the same page as the content (dokuwiki via plugin I think, and many others), and others (eg mediawiki) have associated discussion pages for every page.
Monjo
Lifetype Expert

LifeType Version: not yet

Postby phunkphorce on Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:28 am

About the phpbb integration, let's not get confused: it's only an integration for the *user data* and nothing else. It will just allow plog to fetch its user data from different sources (be it phpbb's db, mambo's db or even ldap if I have the time) It has nothing to do with plog's posts becoming new threads in phpbb or anything like that...
phunkphorce
Lifetype Expert

Postby Monjo on Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:30 am

yeah i know
Monjo
Lifetype Expert

LifeType Version: not yet

Return to Documentation