template editor

template editor

Postby guest on Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:47 pm

are there docs containing instructions for using the template editor plugin?

I uploaded the plugin and the pluin centre recognized it, i found the template editor line in the 'admin section' but am at a loss for what to do next. :?:

Postby jondaley on Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:38 am

You need to know how to edit the templates, which are written in the smarty language. I don't know if plog has any documentation about that, http://smarty.php.net explains things, although it is a lot of stuff, I found it easier to just read through the templates and try adding text where I wanted to, and eventually get tricky enough to replace stuff within the { }.
As a plain user, you don't have permission to edit individual blogs (at least the way I set it up for someone on my server, perhaps if you had 777 permission on your template directory you would, but the way I did it, was copied a template to a blog specific template (using the template editor, there must be a copy button or something) and then the user can click on the template name, and then see all the files, and open and edit the files.

There are two places to look at template editor stuff, if I am remembering correctly - inside the control center, and inside the administration section.
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

LifeType Version: 1.2.11 devel branch

Return to Documentation