including locales

including locales

Postby ekwogefee on Sat May 05, 2007 3:25 pm

hi. I have installed lifetype 1.2. I am trying to seperate the locales that come with lifetype and mine. Before we use to keep all our custom messages in the locale_en_UK or locale_fr_FR. But now we wish to keep our custom messages in mysite/locale_mysite_en_UK and mysite/locale_mysite_fr_FR. I include my two custom files in the original lifetype locales using
Code: Select all
include("mysite/locale_mysite_en_UK

just like lifetype does for locale_en_US.
But I don't think this is working. Any ideas?[/code]
Ekwoge Fritz Ekwoge
ekwogefee.akopo.com
ekwogefee

Postby phunkphorce on Sat May 05, 2007 3:35 pm

Why isn't it working?

One thing you might need to do is clear the contents of the tmp/ folder, the locale files are also cached for faster access.
phunkphorce
Lifetype Expert

purge tmp

Postby ekwogefee on Sat May 05, 2007 3:51 pm

doesn't the purge tmp folder button clear the tmp folder ?
Ekwoge Fritz Ekwoge
ekwogefee.akopo.com
ekwogefee

Postby phunkphorce on Sat May 05, 2007 4:02 pm

Yes.
phunkphorce
Lifetype Expert

Postby jondaley on Sun May 06, 2007 5:02 pm

That should work fine, except for the plugins, since each plugin has its own locale file, and it will look for locale_mysite_en_UK in the locale folder of the plugin, not find it, and default to locale_en_UK, so that is okay for the UK version, but not for the fr_FR version.

Oh wait, maybe I misunderstood what you are doing. You are editing the default en_UK and fr_FR files, and including your own file instead?

If you include your file at the top, and leave the rest of the en_UK file intact, it will overwrite all of your customizations. You can either delete everything out of en_UK, or else include your file at the bottom. That will then work for the plugins too.

What isn't working?
jondaley
Lifetype Expert

LifeType Version: 1.2.11 devel branch

Postby ekwogefee on Mon May 07, 2007 3:15 am

Well the problem is solved. It was a stupid TYPO. Instead of putting $messages[]="", I was doing $message[]="".
Thanks for the precision on how plug ins find locales. It will help me when ameliorating my plug ins. And for the tip on clearing my cache.
Thank you all for your quick replies. It helps a lot. Continue with the good work.
Ekwoge Fritz Ekwoge
ekwogefee.akopo.com
ekwogefee

Return to Localization